ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How come car insurance has gone up this year?

6/468 17poo
Just been doing a few checks online to see what my renewal quote maybe and it seems to have gone up by around £100 this year by going to the usual sites!

Anyone know why this is, ill be 26 with 4yrs ncb 0 points and they want £600 for a 172? was only £500 last year?

BG FF182
My renewal quote has gone up 30% over what I paid last year. Still amazes me how much insurance company prices vary by, had everything from £350 to a few grand. Guess it will get blamed on un-insured drivers and legal costs like normal!!

8 billion people crashing in the snow because they deemed it essential to drive to Spar has increased premiums.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
8 billion people crashing in the snow because they deemed it essential to drive to Spar has increased premiums.

Exactly! I dont move min off the drive when we have snow as its my pride and joy, yet my iinsurance will probably go up because other morons still use their cars when it isnt esential!

ClioSport 182
I was qeurying something with my insurance the other day, the guy i was speaking to was laughing as he had to inform me that my current £300 a month they are asking for will be going up when my renewal is due, despite the fact i would of earned another years no claims! Absolute Joke!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
It really is fraud more than crashes during the last 2 winters snow. Just its easier for an insurance company to say to customers its due to the snow, rather than we are being robbed blind by immigrants staging crashes in Bradford, London and Manchester.

£300 a month to insure a 182??!!! Pmsl, I've got some magic beans you can buy off me if you like? only £100 each.

Listerine & Poledo

this.

And the number of 19yr-olds who go from a shopping trolley to a 1x2 and promptly treat it to some bodywork mods care of the nearest ditch or lamppost, many of which are well documented on this forum.

Usually only a handful of days after posting a hero story.

Last edited:
  ClioSport 182
Haha.. its bad i know but I'm 21 and only just bought the car so half way through the years insurance from my last car.. Been told to shop around when its due, think thats excactly what i'll be doing! :dead:

Listerine & Poledo
merrkat.com for you then chap.

once you've got their quote, barter with your current provider, Elephant beat teh quote I had from another provider.

Of course, this was after they'd given me "their best deal", which was a good £100 more what it ended up at.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
How come car insurance has gone up this year?
How many threads has there been on car insurance this year?

People crash, people get £100 per day hire cars when their Fiesta is worth £5.

Insurance companies are giving retail values for older cars that are worth half that amount. Y' reg Fiesta ghia, absolute plug of a car, already Cat D once. Not only did they get offered £1400 for the car they bought it back for £150!

Now they have a car with very little damage on it and £1000 in their pocket! They probably paid £500 this year for their premium.

At the current rate, British insurers are paying out £120 for every £100 they bring in, in premiums.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
it's also because everyone that has the slightest knock is claiming a few thousand pounds personal injury now due to the number of adverts on TV promising people free money!

Listerine & Poledo
it's also because everyone that has the slightest knock is claiming a few thousand pounds personal injury now due to the number of adverts on TV promising people free money!

^ Definately!

ambulance-chasing law firms are the route of a lot of evil.