ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with changing networks.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I wanted to wait for the new iPhone, but really need to leave O2. I've never had such a terrible service from a contract phone :mad:.

My friend has a 3GS on Orange and the signal he gets is excellent! And he has a slightly better contract for the same price I am paying.

Do carphone warehouse sell iPhone on Orange? And do they do the same scheme as Frauds4u where they pay off the remainder of your contract?

Either that or I will get a sim only contract from voda/orange and jailbreak my current (slightly worse for ware iPhone)

Oh, and reasons for leaving O2: s**t signal, unless I'm in a town center. They won't send me a bill and just cut me off if there isn't enough in my account that day? Wereas sky just try again next week then ring you etc. They constantly overcharge me and do things to my contract without consulting me. Fed up of being dicked around tbh!

You do know Orange will f**k you around aswell if you don't have enough money in your account.

How many months do you have left on your contract?

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I have about 3. Oh because I had my N95 on contract with Orange and they were brilliant! If I didn't have enough in my account they would immediately ring and give options for alternative cards/payment etc. They also sent me a bill every month and helped me out if there were dodgey charges!!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Just wait 3 months.

Maybe its just poor/inferior (to me) people that have issues with mobile networks, because i've never had issues.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Avoid orange like the plague. If you're changing wait and get the new one on vodafone.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I'm getting charged stupid amounts that they admit are wrong and say "we will credit your account next month" and they never do. Just been cut off again and they now have no recollection of saying they will credit my account etc. I have enough credit to pay off the last 3 months tbh!!

How can you not have enough money in your account, I don't understand.

Well, you can either pay off the remainder of your contract, and get a new one with Orange, or wait. Don't go to phones4u, they are s**t. They will buy you out, but they give you crap deals.

Just get a sim only deal, or go payg.

I'm going payg as soon as my contract runs out.

Orange does have FAR superior 3G coverage though. O2's is shocking.

But I left Orange for O2 in 2005, due to their crappy service. Hopefully I'll be on Telstra in a few months anyway.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
My car + sky tv drains a lot of funds but I always make sure i have £40 in the bank for the phone but they keep charging too much even though i NEVER call people and only use my Unlimited texts + Internets.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
If you defaulted on a contract another company might not entertain you.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
That's not a problem. My dad wants me to get a new phone because he can't call me on this 3G as its fooked. He may put it under his name and me pay him for example.

Just wait 3 months.

Maybe its just poor/inferior people on the phones that cause the issues with mobile networks, because i've never had issues with the tiny % of operators I've spoken to.

Nor have I, Tom.

Jason, move to Vodafone. You are treated as if you are the first person they have spoken to that day, not the last before they f**k off home for tea.

Probably Kev. Been with them for years, never had any issues. Phone stopped working last summer in Kefelonia, called (free) sorted within minutes.

People seem to slate orange but I've never had a problem with them, always good friendly customer service :S

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Probably Kev. Been with them for years, never had any issues. Phone stopped working last summer in Kefelonia, called (free) sorted within minutes.
I said it the other day you toolbag ;)

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Home phone deary, and the phone works in the handsfree in my car :/ but the loudspeaker and earpiece on the phone are shot.

I've heard good things about Voda and will seriously consider it (but the 1gb usage puts me off, although all i do is facebook a lot)