ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP (I have a problem with electrics) on a 1.2 Renault clio Grande

Renault Clio 172 Cup
Hi everyone,

before you start it is the girlfriends car. The indicators, hazards, rear window wiper and central locking have stopped working and i dont have the slightest clue what the fault could be??

I have checked the fuses and they are all good. I have been told that it could be one of the relay switches. If this is the case does anyone know where they are, if so how i identify if a relay switch has gone, is it the case that you remove it and try another or an you see if it has blown like you can a fuse?

Please help i'm clueless with cars and having recently blown the bank buying a new Suzuki GSXR 600 aswell as my 172 cup the pennies are running low. I hope this wont be expensive.

Many thanks for taking time to read this people,

Mark :(

1.6 16v
i need to have my relays looked at aswell, my brothers going to check mine possibly tonight, if he shows me where they are and what they look like if they're broken i'll post it up. Though i imagine someone will be able to tell you before then

Skoda Fabia vRS
im pretty sure they are under the bonnet in the fuse box

you will see a bank of black relays (possibly brown on some older cars), all will have the same part number on top, it ends in 484, take them out to see if they have any corrosion on them, if they dont, try swapping them around to see if anything starts to work again

Renault Clio 172 Cup
Thats great I will have a look. If i remember i seem to think they is a little black box near to the battery under the bonnet, i think this is where the relay switches are but i aint got a clue how to get them out they dont slide out like a fuse??

The fuses in this car are located on the inside of the car next to the dash on the left hand side and there are definately no relay swithes here.

thanks again. If anyone an assist in the removal of these relay switches that would be great. God i'm hopeless ha ha

sophiesdad

ClioSport Club Member
  anything i get
from your fault list , i doubt very much its the relays in the engine bay as these control ecu feed , fuel , air con (if fitted , ) and radiator fan. its probably a faulty multi timer unit , the control box for inside the car , if you look behind the fuse box inside the car , or look from underneath the dashboard , you will see the box . its not cheap and you need a clip diagnostic tool to fit a new unit as its coded for the immobiliser system. try disconnecting it , check for any water , and refitting. disconnet battery earth first for a few minutes. may work , some has come back but more often new unit.