ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help - caliper? Pulling to one side

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Need to narrow this down - any help appreciated.

I changed the front discs, pads, calipers, flexi and master cylinder.
Calipers were well used and were soaked in a parts wash for a while (I didn't want this to happen), flexi is new, disks and pads are new, master cylinder is used but works.

Once installed, I bled the system. Everything seemed ok and I took her for a trial run.

The car nose dives to the left under braking from speed.

Brought it back and both discs were hot - the front left more than the other - by some margin - plenty of dust.

Re bled the system again, went out again. Same thing! But, I went for a long run and it 'seemed' to be getting better.

My question is whether the right hand caliper is at fault here or the left? Or a blockage? Or the mc? Or anything else! As it does appear the front right caliper is not working as hard as the left.

Also when bleeding the front right the pressure would build up in the pedal and then it would all of a sudden vanish and it'd start again from scratch? Does that make sense? Could the piston be stuck or seals dodgy? Once it got up to pressure again and no air was coming out - just fluid, that seemed ok.

I'm at a cross roads as to what to do now. I have a track day booked on sunday too! So any advances on the options below:

1. Drive it a bit more and see if it improves
2. Rebuild the front caliper with new seals etc
3. It's just the bedding in process of ds3000's !
4. It's not the caliper and it's something else