ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hello from Denmark!

Hello everyone

I've just become a paid member, so thought I would join in on the board. French cars has always been my passion. I've had 3 x AX (2 Sport, 1 GTI), C2 VTS, Xsara Coupe and recently a 406 TS4. My absolute pride and joy was this 162bhp AX Sport (2 x double Weber DCOM 40), which I imported from France. I rebuilt it with 1,6, cat cam and a lot more. Had only done 27.000miles when I bought it, and it was from 1990!

012-3.gif
029.gif

Well now I've come to the conclusion of trying a Clio Cup. It's a new idea, but seeing the beautiful RB Cup 182s in here, I simply can't let it go :D So at a time i june/july, I want to import one from the UK to Denmark. (There aren't many "special" cars in Denmark unfortunately.) I will probably fly to London and driving the car to Harwich and sail to Esbjerg. As you know cars are LHD over here, but that doesn't bother me - I've tried it before in my friends Impreza STI, and I got used to it very quickly.

I need to save up a little more though. Denmark is the world's most expensive country to live in, when it comes to cars. Prepare to be blown away: the registration tax is 4500£ for a Clio 182!! (I've researched it). Besides that I need a normal MOT, a certain MOT estimating the cars value and a new set of headlights. But anyways, I hope I'll find a good example when the time comes. Maybe one from cliosport ;)

Thanks for looking.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Welcome !

Have you considered getting one from Germany or France ?! They will be RHD (obviously)...

Good luck with your search :approve:

Many thanks you guys :)

I don't know Michael with the orange Clio, but I have seen pics of it. So I know the car.

I have considered getting one from Germany or France, but they are so much more expensive. The cheapest 182 I could find was priced at 6500€.
Considering the registration tax I have to pay in Denmark, I would be ok with an RHD.