ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hardware Interrupts

Afternoon all,

I've just started experienceing a recurring problem again after believing that the problem was sorted for a couple of months and google is only offering up irrelevant ideas

The issue is as follows:
One of the 4 cores runs at full load and my PC freezes sporadically for about 10 seconds at a time then continues to run normally. Using Process Explorer I've been able to identify that it is hardware interrupts causing the CPU usage. By freezes, I mean if playing music it will stop, but the track time will continue as normal and the mouse/keyboard are responsive throughout as well but instructions (clicking/typing) are not carried out.
Also, it looses access to the internet but can be ping'ed from a local laptop.

I've already had the motherboard replaced and while using a pre-activated version of windows this issue did not appear.

However I re-installed an OEM Vista Ultimate 32-Bit earlier this week and now it's back.

Using google I've read many pages saying that it is the result of an IDE device going into PIO mode however I've only got SATA drives and I've already disabled the IDE channel in the BIOS.

Also, if it's relevant I noticed the last time it occured that the DU meter service went stale shortly before it began freezing and lost the internet.

Has anyone got any ideas?

Cheers,
Mike

PC Spec:
Intel Q6600
EVGA 680i SLi Mobo
6 GB of Ram (I know about 32bit limits)
LG SATA DVD RW
WD SATA 1TB
WD SATA 350GB
Samsung SATA 750GB