ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Getting pictures from phone to PC

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Going to embarass myself here but I have changed from my good old iPhone 3GS on 3.1 something software for an iPhone 5C

I was looking to get the pictures from my 3GS before I use the 5.

I have registered to iTunes and plugged my 3GS in, it appears (or maybe the way i read it) that it wants to sync but remove all the photos on the phone and then load whatever I have on my PC to my phone? meaning I loose everything

When I first bought the 3GS I did register it to a diffrent iTunes account, the above is a diffrent one. Will this make a diffrence?

Also any other ideas as to how get these photos?

Thanks for any help

You won't need to have or need to use itunes to take photos off your phone mate.

Plug it into the PC. Ignore all itunes pop ups and close it. Then your phone should be shown in 'My Computer' and you can click on it and drag all photos across.

The only thing I can think that might be different for the older iphones is something driver related. But can't see why it wouldn't work...

Worst case download photo bucket or drop box app and upload all to there. Then save all onto the PC. Could be long winded though and you shouldn't need to do this!

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
I was hoping this would be the best way but for some reason it always fails to find it so the computer knows something is plugged in but doesnt recoginise what it is. This is on two computers I have tried this.

In regards to dropbox is this installed to iTunes then? I can no longer download app's etc as the software is so old lol but I also dont want to update it as the phone was unlocked and I think updating may lock it again

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Got any photo sharing apps installed?

It'd be tedious, but you could use imgur online (from Safari), and upload each image individually, and then download them.

Unfortunetly not, phone is historic!

Any ideas why it doesnt pick up when plugged into a computer? any settings on the iPhone I can change?

Not that I know of. You just plug and play normally. Unless it's some kind of driver issue on the PC. That I don't know anything about I'm afraid.

One of the PCs in my house just doesn't like apple. Cannot connect the phone no matter what I try. But on another PC it works fine.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I did have a similar problem on an iPod once actually.

Install OneDrive or Photobucket and upload in there then download on to your computer? That's what I do most of the time now.

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
I did have a similar problem on an iPod once actually.

Install OneDrive or Photobucket and upload in there then download on to your computer? That's what I do most of the time now.

Does that not mean I should be able to plug the phone into a USB and it should be identified? At the moment its not doing this and its the 3rd PC/Laptop I have tried

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
It should, yeah. My case was slightly different though. I just found out that it wouldn't work like that until I installed iTunes, but it seems you've already done that stage.