ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FM12 CS Challenge

Promoted!

Beat Reading 4-0 in the play off final! The next season is going to be a massive challenge be happy to stay up!

In the championship just a right back called Ramos... Not Sergio unfortunately.

Then I got Pogba on loan.

My tip is utilise Fryatt, he is s**t hot if used properly, I used him up top on his own with two inside forwards.

Got some right players coming in cheap in the prem!

I love Lamp
Promoted first season Jesus Christ Fenton!! Lol fair play mate well done..

I hate FM anyways, may be going to buy a new laptop as this ones doing my nut in how slow it is flol

Yes Fryatt is awesome tbh

I think my steam is fucked and I have no idea how to fix it.

Fryatt on mine is s**t 8 goals in 33 games.lol.

DCi
Finished 5 points clear at the top but 3 of my main men got injured so I sense a dip in form on its way...

I signed a new centre half and defensive midfielder in Jan as I wasn't having any trouble scoring. :D

What how the hell did you win the championship.

I will try and fix my steam tomorrow hopefully will somehow have sorted itself out.

Clio
Ok, so I've reigned in my finances. Running the club as it should be. Time to invest in the youth academy and the stadium. The 5 year plan is in motion.

5 year plan one person is already in the PL and Iain looks set to join him forget that.

Noone else had issues with steam before?

Clio
5 year plan one person is already in the PL and Iain looks set to join him forget that.

Noone else had issues with steam before?

No, its fine. They will crumble quickly. A club that is finacially stable is a happy club. I'm not in this for the short term.

I love Lamp
No, its fine. They will crumble quickly. A club that is finacially stable is a happy club. I'm not in this for the short term.

Knows it..

You can't build a house without foundations or eventually it will all come crumbling down ;)

f**k sake.

I managed to get rid of a load of s**t, brought in a couple of cheap decent players (one of whom my assistant thought was utter toilet, so bollocked me for signing him - he then scored 4 in 3, as a DM. I laughed.). Then found my best 11 and formation, players started to gel, everything was looking ok - defence was crap still - but I ended up going on a 5 match unbeaten run. Confidence was high.

Just lost 3-0 to Rotherham in the League Cup. Assistant has torn them a new arsehole, confidence and morale is low and my team want to kill themselves.

Amazing.

I love Lamp
Flol I always do my teamtalks, boost their ego's so high that they are always happy, then when they play bad and you hit them with rage they get the damn message :mad:

H.Maxim

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FF
Bit late to the party but I'll get a game going with Hull and see if I can catch up.

DCi
I saw your post about Bebe Birdie.

I got Liverpool as a parent at the start of the season and I wanted Jay Spearing as the DMC is rubbish - I missed the news alert saying when the link was ready and by the time I remembered JS had gone to Blackpool haha.

Think I have f**ked up. I have just tried steam didn't work so I thought I would unistall it now I can find a download for it. f**king stupid thing why can't I just play of the disc what is the f**king point in having a disc if you cant even use it.

Would I lose my saves if I uninstall Fm12 then reinstall it see if that helps.

Just tried reinstalling FM doesn't seem to have worked. Keeps saving game is unavailable.

I'm gutted I was 6th with only 6games left to play :(

Parky14

ClioSport Club Member
My Season

As with others I started with clearing out the staff and players I saw as deadwood in order to reduce expenditure and raise the transfer budget. I forgot to take a screenshot before the start of the season, but there weren’t too many new signings. As this challenge is in some ways a race to the top, I scrapped the youth policy and went for experience…this turned out to my downfall. The most notable signings were Marco Matterazi at 37 years old on a free transfer and Jamie Mackie from QPR for a fee of £1.3 million. So with a basic 4-4-2 and adjustments to team and player tactics Hull City were on their quest to the top.

Fast forward to December and the season could not have gone much worse, in and out the bottom 3 all season. On the plus side Jamie Mackie was banging in the goals, but the team just couldn’t win. Having managed to keep tight control of finances by sending back loanees, selling a lot of the young players from the first team and cutting right back on staffing the board surprised me twice by raising the transfer budget. This message was just before the January window.

news1.png

However, as you will know yourselves it’s a proper nightmare trying to attract players to Hull let alone when they are having a shocking season. Having turned my back on the youth approach in the pursuit of old heads, in came Rivaldo, Robert Pires, Dudek as well as Simon Cox, Danny Guthrie and Jamie Ness. Surely these signings could turn the season around. Having realised that wins were needed, years of playing football manager cautiously were turned on its head as I went for the CS Challenge. Hull ended up with the following formation and playing style from January onwards.

HullCityTactics_Overview-1.png

And sure enough January and February managed to haul Hull out of the bottom 3 and start to put together a half decent run of wins and draws. However, the damage inflicted in the months before the January transfer window were too much and along with a run of bad results towards the end of the season Hull managed to get themselves into 17[SUP]th[/SUP] with 58 points. Having fallen way short of the season expectations of a top half finish, as the playoffs were taking place I asked the board for more time which they said they would grant. However, in the dog eat dog world of Football Manager 2 days later the board give me the sack. So, I leave Hull up sh!t creek with an ageing team of has beens and a club in need of youth investment. My approach of going for experience in order to race up the table in pursuit of the CS Challenge failed.

npowerChampionshipOverview_Stages.png

Its been a good laugh and will look out for another challenge sometime soon hopefully, cheers.

Last edited:
Not got it on a rolling save jay? Might take you back a month but at least its something!

As for me in the prem, erm... It's not not going well at all!

I f**king hate steam why is it needed to play fm when we have disc f**k off.

Just spent about 2hours uninstalling steam and FM to reinstall update it all for it to CM's back with the same problem arghhhhh!

Im at the point were am going to give in.

DCi
March 3rd: Jack Hobbs tears calf muscle and will not return until next season, can new boy Alessandro Camisa step up and fill Jacks shoes for the promotion push?

I hate crap like this. I've never even heard of him!

who.png

My scouts are now all over him like flies round s**t though.

Jam how you doing screenshots?

I tried last time mine was working and it was just taking them of my laptop wallpaper and not the actually game.

Steam is still fucked.

cmd+shift+4 on mac. Can't you take screenshots within steam though? Although I may have just made that up.

Whats actually up with your steam? have you reinstalled the game?

I have tried everything I uninstalled both steam and FM.

Then reinstalled them both with all the updates etc. Then it used came back with the same error "game unavailable" then after trying some more it said I need to check that FM has installed correctly.

I then deleted it from steam and uninstalled it, installed it again and now it's currently updating through steam so fingers crossed I might of somehow got it working. I may have lost my Hull game but I did back up my files through steam so I might be able to get them back.

M16a
Jay, just hit print screen on the Keyboard and into Paint and paste it. Then bang it up here..

My seasons not going well.. Just lost to bottom of the League Cardiff 2-0.. I'm losing my patience..

I love Lamp
Jay if you are on of I'm not going to tell you again how to do fm screen shots -.-

Going to get mine going again.. Come on promotion!!

I tried print screening the other day I know how to do it but every time I pasted it into paint it would just print screened whatever I had on the desktop underneath FM, it wouldn't actually copy the FM screen.

Anyway I don't I can ever play it again :(

DCi
have you uninstalled steam and deleted the steam folder from the program files directory... then tried again?

also rename the sports interactive folders in my docs (So you can rescue your save games)

Yeah Iain I got rid of everything and tried starting from scratch.

This is the downfall of steam is s**t, f**king s**t. I don't understand why I can't play straight off the disc.

Give up for tonight will try again on Sunday.