ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FM12 CS Challenge

Cheers will give it a go.

steam is s**t just thought i cant bring my FM to play in work as i wont be able to access the works internet. b****cks.

I love Lamp
Yeah you can you just set steam to offline mode then carry on, just means you won't get any game updates till you turn it back to online mode

DCi
I'm only in January! I'm out tonight and tomorrow too I might catch up on Wednesday if I can convince the missus i'm...busy?!

Am I too late to join? Probably be tomorrow as I'm getting a new laptop tonight.

No mate feel free, just a recap on the rules.

Football Manager 12 challenge.

The Challenge.
Everyone goes Hull City, First person into the top 10 of the PL wins! What do you win CS FM12 king bragging rights :). This will run in FM time so first person to reach the top 10 in PL in the shortest time. Although if you reach the top 10 within 2014 but a few people still have the season to run you must wait until they catch you up and see if they can better you.

Rules:-
Everyone picks Hull City.
No cheating your only cheating yourself :p
No editing before hand.
As a Manager at the start we all pick semi-pro footballer as past experience
You get sacked you lose
You can't take a managerial role at any other team
Everyone must be running the latest update
Everyone run the game on a medium database to make it fair
Leagues available, England PL and below, Spain and Italy should make the game run abit faster
Attribute masking turned on!

Good luck. Anyone still interested can join :) To make it fair to lads already started we have a closing date on this challenge on the 18/03/11(this Sunday). Once this one is over if everyone is still up for it we will make another, Winner takes over picking league, team etc.

Last edited:
Right on that case count me in! Are we posting highlights of the season? Not so much videos but "I'vre just gone top of the league after beating so and so 4-0" Or keeping it all hush hush? I've not go time to read the thread, got research on Hull to do! :)

Edit: I see we are, Nice one! f**k setting Anti virus etc. up the first thing I'm installing when I get in is FM! Lol

Tbh I can't see myself getting out the championship for a long time at least another 2 seasons.lol.

Mike just make updates whenever you feel the need to.

Most of us have been talking results, league position, tactics, transfers, how s**t Hull are for the past 3/4pages.:)

Clio
Still only played one game. P1 L1. Good start. Might sit down tonight if the Mrs shoots off to bed early and have a blast.

I love Lamp
Decent start to 2nd season sitting 6th on 23 points, 6 off 2nd place and on a dip in firm losing last 2..

Lost Petrucci for 5 months and Chester and Dudgeon for 2 do short in defence now, the creativeness of Petrucci is massive loss :(

Brought my laptop into work today as i have nothing to do, my laptop has a broken screen so i brought a HDMI cable to hook up and use my works laptop as the screen. Get to work go to set it up works laptop doesnt have a HDMI port piece of s**t. :(

DCi
Good luck. Anyone still interested can join :) To make it fair to lads already started we have a closing date on this challenge on the 18/03/11(this Sunday). Once this one is over if everyone is still up for it we will make another, Winner takes over picking league, team etc.

yikes - even if I get promoted first season I don't think I'd have time to do another season in the prem before Sunday.

LOL.

Yeah 18/03/2012 is the last joining date then its game on for everyone.

Gutted i cant play it today got a really boring day at work.

M16a
Jay what do you do that allows you to play FM all day in work?! I'd get punted out the door quicker than I could say "football manager" if I tried that!

Will take a bash at this later again tonight, try and get a further few games in.

Jay what do you do that allows you to play FM all day in work?! I'd get punted out the door quicker than I could say "football manager" if I tried that!

Will take a bash at this later again tonight, try and get a further few games in.

I work in substations but we have nothing on until later this week maybe even the beginning of next week, waiting for a transformer to be taken out of service. I'm just sat on my works laptop all day so thought I might aswell put it to good use. Didn't work though.lol.

Im on mine now up to 13th with 15games left.

Wow my team are picking up form. Since I had my s**t run I changed my tactics and style of play unbeaten in 11 games winning 9 of them which leaves me sitting in 5th with 10games left to play.

Top goal scorer James Chester with 9.lol.

Getting really into it now I have found the tactics and proper starting 11.

I'm done for tonight.

Currently 6th with 6games left to play my form has dipped now and Birmingham beat me 5-1 put my team on a right downer. I'm only 3 points above 12th so anything can still happen.

Hopefully I will keep hold of 6th place until the end of the season. :)

Do you go on holiday a lot jay? Getting through those quickly!

Just started tonight... Played 4... Won 2 Drawn 2 and the two I drew were cos of late penalties I've given away! I'm hammering teams, shots and possession wise! Need to sort the defence out a bit though.

Do you go on holiday a lot jay? Getting through those quickly!

Just started tonight... Played 4... Won 2 Drawn 2 and the two I drew were cos of late penalties I've given away! I'm hammering teams, shots and possession wise! Need to sort the defence out a bit though.

Haha no I have only been on it twice. I had a good few hours Sunday and a couple tonight I proberly won't play it now until Friday or Sunday.

I love Lamp
Well I'm done for tonight but my god we are on fire I don't want too :(!!

Sitting second in the league (yes second!!) after 21 games, 1 point of Blackburn but 7 ahead of 3rd (Norwich have a game in hand though).. Definitely on a high though as we have won 8 in a row now flol.. Petrucci still a month away from training but my defenders are all fit again bar my 2 left backs, coping at the moment though :)

The MASSIVE plus for me though is Smithies has accepted a new contract with no release clause till 2016 GTFI :D

Can't see the need to buy/sell anyone in January, want to keep this form up for a bit longer to get the gap good for the inevitable drop in form but just enjoying it ATM :)

Yeah mike I'm still in the first season, Birdie on the other hand is half way through his 2nd.

I should have my season boxed off soon with only 6games left I really hope I make the play offs even if I don't get promoted should make it easier to sign players and also get a better wage structure and transfer budget.

I love Lamp
Lol you lot ***** about with 3d matches and press conference poop?? Full speed dots ftw and assistant taking press conferences, churn through games by the minute :p

Main thing was I went out Friday and Saturday night so hungover fm watching footie all weekend lol

Lol you lot ***** about with 3d matches and press conference poop?? Full speed dots ftw and assistant taking press conferences, churn through games by the minute :p

I have match speed fastest, no highlights and text commentary only I don't watch the dots I keep my eye on the players rating and condition, Assistant takes press conferences and team talks :)

I might get a few hours in Thursday night if not Friday after work I should finish my first season, hello PL :p

Petrucci and Richie De Laet are out of contract end of the season so going to they and get them 2. Richie De Laet will be quality for Hull.

M16a
I have Man Utd as my parent team. But I only got Petrucci on loan from them, will probably sign him at the end of the season if he performs well when he shakes off a slight knock..

I hate only having 5 subs.. been too used to 7.

Mines been playing up tonight.. Stalling every time I try to start a game. Will probably get a good few hours on it on thursday.

I love Lamp
Ahh I do my team talks the assistant has shet stats haha :p

Shouldn't have said Petrucci :(

Yeah 5 subs is annoying lol, although I've rarely had enough players for 7 lol

Lol Petrucci isn't that good his potential is good though.

He isn't really a CM if I sign him he will be a bench player for me. I have just gave Koren a new contract as his was running out end of the season he has been fantastic for me that past 10 or so games.

Oh top scorer is still Chester with 10 now :)

Clio
I have slowest speed full 3D full match. Its not about the key chances or highlights. It is analyzing what is going on in the quiet times.

Working fine for me!

Same can't be said for my players, although we are hitting a bit of form through January and an F.A cup 6th Round game at home to Liverpool coming up!

Played this for a bit last night, on a nice run now. Think 5/6 games unbeaten but most of those were draws.

I think I'm only 1 bad result from the sack though lol! :eek:

I think I have to update my drivers etc on laptop I have the latest windows 7 etc pain in the ass.

Keeps coming up with game currently unavailable. I tired logging out of steam and playing off the disc but that doesn't work either.

I could of had the season finished tonight aswell :(

Last edited:
It's done it to me in the past but can't think for the life of me what I needed to do to fix it!

It wouldn't let me launch straight away though and had to do an update, think it was steam that updated and not FM, could be wrong didn't pay any attention!

M16a
Birdie, I was offered him before you even announced it ha! He's been a bit rocky for me tbh.

Jay - I offloaded Koren to Everton for 1.6 mil and used some of that to sort out my wage issues and get a few players in which I'll reveal when I'm done this season ;)

Think I have officially broken my steam, does this mean I will lose all my saved games :(

If so I ain't f**king starting again.

Nah Jay, your games save in your FM folder on the harddrive. Unistall and re install steam?

Been on this since I got in about half 4... things are going well :)

I have just tried for about a hour to sort the problem I was following the online troubleshoot guide still didn't work.

Aint got anytime to sort it now. I might try deleting steam and re installing it that will be last resort though just incase I don't want to lose my games.

I though you could okay saved games without steam though? Steam is s**t.