ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting battery bracket & found this in the bay!

Ok so I must be missing something here... just cannot suss out how to fit the battery bracket, can anyone shed some light? Presume I have the correct one, small metal bracket, u-bend each side with a 13mm bolt.

As an aside, took the battery out and underneath the mount I found this!! Unbelievable that it hasn't caused some damage! Well rusty must have been there for an age.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370980995.349713.jpg

Audi A5
The battery should have a lip on the bottom and that bracket with the 13mm bolt hold the battery down by clamping down against the lip.

As for the thing in the picture, looks like a pic to me, someone probably dropped it down their and thought f**k it I cba to get it out.

Yeah got it sorted now. Took seconds once I worked it out :eek:

its about a 6" long and spike on the end, glad I've got it out!

182 ff
I took mine off last week,took ages to figure out which way it went.
don't no why Renault make things so hard,nothing is logical.

[UOTE=jme_159;9621499]Ok so I must be missing something here... just cannot suss out how to fit the battery bracket, can anyone shed some light? Presume I have the correct one, small metal bracket, u-bend each side with a 13mm bolt.

As an aside, took the battery out and underneath the mount I found this!! Unbelievable that it hasn't caused some damage! Well rusty must have been there for an age.

View attachment 99255[/QUOTE]

I thought it had to go underneath the battery for ages... durrrrr. Got there eventually, by that time I was kitted out with a head torch cos it was dark lol!

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Good find, at least it caused no damage!

I changed a window mechanism other month in an mx5 and found a very rusty pair of pliers in the bottom of the door. Must have been in there a fair while!