ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

First proper post

Evening ladies and Gents.

Posted a few times after first getting my Clio but only just got back into the swing of things. Thought Id say hello.

Dont know how you usually introduce yourself on a forum :S Im 19... Work for Saab and like long walks and romantic movies ;)

Anyway, got a bit of a question about my Clio. Had it for just over a year now and have so far kept it on the standard 185/55/15 H rated Contis but have had 5 punctures in the first year with them. Would anyone recommend any other tyres? Or even if its possible to put a different tyre size on? Currently when I get to 90+ (on private test tracks) the front wheels judder. Im guessing thats just a balancing problem and will get it sorted next time I have a free lunch break, but anyone any recommendations tyre wise??

Regards

Ben

Hiya mate and welcome

Im sure Mike C would be able to help you out with the long walks and romantic movies lol!

Anyway, back to the question. Dont think any specific branded tyre will help you not get punctures but you can easily fit 195/50/15s. You probably wont notice the difference and theyll be a lot lighter with your wallet......

Sounds like a good guess about the steering wheel wobble. Check the wheels are balanced and get the tracking done.

Cheers mate. Aint to bothered about price as I get a hefty discount on them at work. Just wanted something a bit smoother, possibly Michelins. But maybe Im just getting brand concious here. :d