ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO: 182_blue

Lee

BMW M2C

Thought Id put it for your attention seeing as not many others will appreciate the time and effort that went into preping and waxing the car today.

I hate doing it, but at least it will protect the so prone to fading red paint a little more. Im totally done in now.

Some pics of the Trophy after the full Zymol treatment. http://www.leemather.plus.com/images/ZymolTrophy/Link

Looks superb even with very little sunshine.

Lee

That looks great :D

Ive noticed that the red never shows dirty even when its covered in dust, unlike mine :(

VRS

i know this is a silly question but what spoiler comes on the trophy cos noticed you have got a clear brake lens!

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by makavelli on 23 July 2005
<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">i know this is a silly question but what spoiler comes on the trophy cos noticed you have got a clear brake lens!

Its a Mk2 V6 spoiler.

hey,

excellent, looking very shiney there, makes me want another clio, love the trophy lee, how long did it take you ??

now you need to go to the for sale section and buy some of the bits im selling ;)

Lee

BMW M2C

It was pretty clean so it had a quick wash and dry, HD cleanse then hand waxed with Titanium wax. Took just shy of 4 hours I think. At one point sweat was dripping off my nose. lol

Ive got all the bits I need at the moment thank mate. Even got the wheel brush.

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by 182_blue on 23 July 2005hehe, worth a go, the wife has just seen your car and loves it :D

Second car. ;)

Ill do inside tomorrow, and also mist some water over it and buff it off.

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by Karen on 23 July 2005
OMG dont think Ive ever seen mine that shiny! Can I borrow you for 4 hours ;)

Of course, but Im not waxing your car. ;)

haha, nice one Omar, it smells of coconut too, as do I now!! Shame it never stays like it for long.

Vee dub

Looks brilliant Lee

Well worth the time and effort Im sure youll agree

Just out of interest, without going too far off topic, have you tried meguiars? wondered how it compared in your opinion..

Tom

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

looks great Lee.

how many miles have you done now?

Saw my first Trophy today, actually got out of my car whilst driving past (it was in a car park) and had a good nosy in it... Then the bloke came back, had a bit of a chat with him, nice guy. Turns out he had JUST picked it up that day. He was made up with it! Told him about CS too, gave him a flyer...so theyll soon be another Trophy addition to the forum (sorry);)

--chris

Vee dub

Quote: Originally posted by Lee on 23 July 2005

Cheers Tom.

Ive never tried it. Im not big into my waxing. I like to look after my cars and keep them clean but thats as far as I go. Ive been impressed with the Zymol so far, but to an untrained eye like mine they all seem to do a good job. I used it on the 182. http://www.leemather.plus.com/images/RSClio182/01.08.04/index.htmlLink

Yeah hard to tell when you compare them really I agree.

I may give zymol a go one day, Im just so impressed with megs at the moment.

Anyway, not the point... the trophy looks stunning :cool:

Cheers

Tom

Lee

BMW M2C

Cheers Chris, I think its up to around 1500 at the moment. Its had a couple of days off with me not being well in the week.

Need to get some touchup paint too as its already picked up some chips, most likely from me small off at Oulton. lol

106 GTi

Looks great Lee, being as you dont like waxing are you not tempted to use something a little more durable than the Zymol?

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by r-jay on 23 July 2005
Looks great Lee, being as you dont like waxing are you not tempted to use something a little more durable than the Zymol?

See this is where Im lost. I have no idea whats durable and whats not. But I dont think any product lasts 6 months, which is about as often as I wax. :oops:

Ill try something else when the Zymol runs out, I paid enough for it so Im going to use it all, every last spot. Im liking wax thats applied with bare hands though.

106 GTi

Any pure Carnubas such as zymol in reality are going to only ever last 30-60 days max.

I use Pinnacle Souveran on my car which as a pure carnuba would be lucky to see more than 2 weeks durability, which Brazo found on his car. But as mine car is garged pretty much 24/7 and a weekend play thing - I dont really care and used it for its looks. I do use that over a reasonably durable sealant just in case. ( Bird sh*te protection etc)

I would look into a good polymer sealant, and use the Zymol over the top once in a while to add to the look. With Autoglym Resin and Extra Gloss, Klasse Sealant, or Zaino you may get 3-6 months protection in some tests.

It does add an extra step, polish, sealant then wax, but will give you some decent protection.

For an off the shelf solution give AG resin and extra gloss, followed by your zymol a go. I have just tried out the new Meguiars #21 sealant 182_blue and brazo are selling on mine then a wax for looks.

Lee

BMW M2C

Unfortunately for me my car is my daily transport too, so its out in all weather. Luckily its undercover all day and garaged at night though.

I was tempted to get some of the Meguiars #21 sealant. I think Ill invest in some in a few weeks time.

Thanks for that mate.

106 GTi

Unfortunately for me my car is my daily transport too, so its out in all weather. Luckily its undercover all day and garaged at night though.

I was tempted to get some of the Meguiars #21 sealant. I think Ill invest in some in a few weeks time.

Thanks for that mate.

I had read some of your posts before saying off that, and now reading your dislike off waxing something like the #21 will be a great product for you. I find these sealants never look as nice a carnuba so I always add a coat of wax over the top to.

Not the same colour as yours but #21 used on black and topped with carnuba wax.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32/r-jay-clio/21%20Test/.P7200008.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32/r-jay-clio/21%20Test/P7160013.jpgMegs #21 and Souveran Wax

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y32/r-jay-clio/21%20Test/P7160008.jpgSame Again

Lee

BMW M2C

Looks like next on the cleaning shopping list is some decent sealant then.

This car has already been treated to new mf cloths, wash mitts, water magnet and wheel brush.

Looking good mate. Didnt you post some over on the Renaultsport forums too?

106 GTi

Glad to hear it. Yeah I did posted some off the pre #21 pics from over the last few months was going to take the car out and get some better ones today in nice locations but G/f decided we needed to go shopping!

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by Ang on 24 July 2005
Looks lovely !!.....and you have a matching T-shirt too by the looks of it ;)

Good lord woman you have good eyesight. How can you see I had red t shirt on? Used to looking for reflections in ebay ads? ;) I had my old free from work Twin Cablibre PS2 one on.

Just put a few Oulton Park pics and some more Trophy ones up here: http://www.leemather.plus.com/Link

Remapped derv Golf

I can confirm the #21 would be the best possible thing for someone who doesnt like waxing all the time!

Out in the rain today it was beeding like no other stuff Ive used. Including fresh #16

Lee have you thought about a wax/sealant that has UV protection in it to assist with the fading?

I have some mezerna full molecular jacket (FMJ) which is durable at least more than zymol. I will be getting some sample pots in a few weeks, if you would like a 60gram sample FOC pm me in a few weeks.

R-Jay you do know that swissol natural caranuba wax will last the full 12 months dont you? :p Pm me or blue for the link

At one point sweat was dripping off my nose. lol

Not the 1st time youve been doubled up polishing something red with sweat dripping off you im sure ;)

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by brazo on 25 July 2005
Lee have you thought about a wax/sealant that has UV protection in it to assist with the fading? I have some mezerna full molecular jacket (FMJ) which is durable at least more than zymol. I will be getting some sample pots in a few weeks, if you would like a 60gram sample FOC pm me in a few weeks. R-Jay you do know that swissol natural caranuba wax will last the full 12 months dont you? :p Pm me or blue for the link

Cheers mate, I have no idea what that is but it sounds good to me. Ill keep an eye out for when you have that and Ill get in touch. Thanks.

VaVa

Looks smart fella. Real nice.:D

Ive always found Meguirs #16 to be pretty long lasting - a couple of months in my experience.

Mini Cooper S sport

Looks great Lee! All the rubbings definitely paid off hehe.

So what would be a decent product be for someone like me who waxes their car about once every 4 months? I just use blue Turtle wax at the moment, and it seems as good as any to me - the rain still beads off after a good few weeks.

Theres so much stuff in Halfords I never know WHAT to buy. Id just like something which makes it really shiny, and protects the paintwork for a while.

MB you could try meguiars NXT, though pricey at £14.99 a bottle that will hide swirls, ANd it should last as long as your turtle wax.

If you can be botehred try autoglym SRP and then top with with autoglym EGP, this will give you months of protection.

Mini Cooper S sport

Quote: Originally posted by brazo on 26 July 2005

MB you could try meguiars NXT, though pricey at £14.99 a bottle that will hide swirls, ANd it should last as long as your turtle wax.

If you can be botehred try autoglym SRP and then top with with autoglym EGP, this will give you months of protection.

Cheers mate..Ive stood for about half an hour in Halfrauds before looking at all the polishes, before giving up and getting Turtle Wax!

Ta for the advice *kiss*