ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fake Samsung Galaxy S4. What to do?

Hi

So carrying on from this thread it turns out the phone is a fake Samsung S4 and a damn good one at that!

However I know it's fake because;

The boot loader

3ysydeja.jpg

The difference inside compared to a real one

u4a7u2yj.jpg

The general build quality when u start to really look at it isn't spot on, sharp volume buttons, rough finished home button etc.

Now I bought this online from cash generator and payed through paypal. I've phoned the store and whilst they were apologetic they didn't really offer a solution just 'we will email you'.

Anyone got any ideas what I should? Never had a situation like this with a fake item received.

General pics of phone if ur interested on this fake.

atare5um.jpg

hy3a5ama.jpg

ydy2y6y5.jpg

y8ema6a4.jpg

Just realised you ordered it online to from a store. This means you also have distant selling regs protecting you as well.

Ah, quick Google and I see what you mean.

It was just a thought. I had never heard of Mediatek and custom ROM's are readily available everywhere you look.

To the OP, just send the thing back. It isn't as described, end of.

Fair enough! It does look like a bloody good clone

Clio
I'm pretty sure that selling counterfeit goods is taken pretty seriously. I'd throw that at them and say you are going to trading standards if they don't want to play ball.

Send it back?

Claim through Paypal. Problem solved.

Just realised you ordered it online to from a store. This means you also have distant selling regs protecting you as well.

Fair enough! It does look like a bloody good clone

I'm pretty sure that selling counterfeit goods is taken pretty seriously. I'd throw that at them and say you are going to trading standards if they don't want to play ball.

Hi guys thanks for the help. I've contacted the store told them it's a fake and also opened a case with paypal. They say at the store they are sending a courier to get the phone tomorrow but I remain dubious as they didn't seem too fussed.

We shall see. Thanks!

I think they are fairly basic running android 4.0.4

How well/badly does it run compared to the standard S4?

Hi it runs android 4.2.2

It runs very well doesn't really lag, the only thing that even alerted me too it was the boot loader and the crap camera. And I mean crap like 2mp shots.

It runs the full Samsung UI touchwiz with the eye scrolling and all the other features etc.

Also you can see the pixels on the screen as it's not a HD one this also alerted me too the fake.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
If they're a big company I can't see them being too fussed about a phone being fake as long as their customer is sorted

Silver Clio 172 Phase 1
TBH i'd email them back saying its illegal to send knowingly counterfeit goods through the postal system and that you will destroy it, copy paypal into the email.
Free phone?