ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fake iPhone (iPhone Killer)

Lol anyone know where I can get one of these?

fakephone.jpg

China has long had a burgeoning market in knockoff iPhones, since the genuine article wasn't available in the Middle Kingdom for years after its launch, and even now is so expensive in legitimate outlets that it is out of the reach of most Chinese workers. Evidence is beginning to emerge that copycat iPhones (called shanzhai in Mandarin) are coming to the Western world... and bringing their low price tags with them.

Steve Cassidy at PCPro received a call from a friend who said that someone had sold him an iPhone at a pub for £25, or the equivalent of $38 US. The phone comes in a case identical to the iPhone 3GS right down to the Apple label on the back, with a few telltale differences - such as the mute switch bring a pushbutton rather than a slider - and an oddball screen display, with an iPod icon that looks like a CD and an Internet Explorer logo in place of the Safari icon. Other than that, according to Cassidy, this phone is "good enough to fool those who haven’t used the real deal."

The fake - which commenters on Cassidy's blog think is a SciPhone i68 - has two batteries and supports dual SIMs, all of which are accessed by lifting the back plate, which is removable on this device. The touchscreen allows access to an array of workalike apps, including a "Java" icon and a p**n app... which clearly marks this phone as a copy, as Apple would clearly never allow such a thing.

Most shanzhal phones - such as the micro-mini CECT m188 - differ significantly enough from the genuine article so as not they will not incur Apple's wrath. This copycat tries hard to look just like an iPhone, though, and the fake label would be something that Apple's legal team would attack with a vengeance should this item ever be legitimately offered for sale. While the quality almost certainly falls short of the original. should these devices ever come to the West in greater numbers, it may start putting price pressure on Apple's products. For now, it's hard to see this as more than just a curiosity.

IT HAS A p**n APP!! FFS SIGN ME UP :rasp:
http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=htt...-west.html&h=c0ae2bf263ca17e1dbd7b3a171c55160

Renaultsport 220T
Safari logo as a compass. Sweet.

Someone will have 4 dozen of these under their bed no doubt.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Seen 1 of these at the weekend a mate has 1, he didn't tell me and it took 5 seconds to work out, it's a normal phone in a iPhone case, slow as s**t aswell.

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
Haha, a guy on my bus has one, he actually thought it was the dogs! Came with a stylus :)S) and had no Apple logo on the back, and just said "Phone" at the bottom haha!

They're cheap and nasty though and the UI's are horrible.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Probably has a better camera though IIRC.

Steve's eyes are only 3mp.

So it's pointless having any more res on the iPhone. He'd just see noise.

Fair enough really.

He's due and upgrade in June, to Turtleneck 5.0. Along with SameOldJeans 3.1.4.

Stay tuned.

S3, Polo
The above video makes it look like what it is: a cheap knock-off.

It's akin to trying to make a 316 look like an M3.

Limp-wristed and awful.

Cupra
207_not_sure_if_serious.jpg

This iPhone does not have appstore, a processor to match or any other features of the iphone.

DO NOT WANT!

but if p**n is that important to you....

Steve's eyes are only 3mp.

So it's pointless having any more res on the iPhone. He'd just see noise.

Fair enough really.

He's due and upgrade in June, to Turtleneck 5.0. Along with SameOldJeans 3.1.4.

Stay tuned.

But still running OAP all weather trainers 1.0 (no need to upgrade)

alien green rs133
if it has bluetooth and you can set an mp3 as a ringtone it will be better than the piece of s**t apple designed, the fustrating bit is it has the capability to be awesome, but it just falls short. bar stewards.

a burnt one
There is an app that gives fully functioning Bluetooth and mp3's can be set as message and ringtones, you just have to know how to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using a high speed browser, without the need for a stylus that doesn't work.