ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F7P Head Options

GasManLS7

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Got my Mk1 Valver project running today and it needs a head gasket doing. Whilst the head is off I'm considering tuning options. I don't think there's any point putting cams in for now as I will be building a monster F7 out of it in winter so will be building the bottom end and will no doubt need better cams to suit. Was i was wondering about though is the head itself. Will an F7R head drop straight on? I hear the megane F7R heads have the largest ports? Will it give any benefits? Or shall I just port the F7P head?

Any advice is much appreciated.

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
The Megane heads have the biggest inlet valves at 33mm, they actually have smaller ports but this actually makes them flow a lot better.

The F7R heads drop straight on, they're nothing special or fancy as they're made from the same castings as the F7P's so all the water & oil galleries are in the same places etc

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Got my Mk1 Valver project running today and it needs a head gasket doing. Whilst the head is off I'm considering tuning options. I don't think there's any point putting cams in for now as I will be building a monster F7 out of it in winter so will be building the bottom end and will no doubt need better cams to suit. Was i was wondering about though is the head itself. Will an F7R head drop straight on? I hear the megane F7R heads have the largest ports? Will it give any benefits? Or shall I just port the F7P head?

Any advice is much appreciated.

Didn’t you have two pretty special engines for sale? Couldn’t you have turned one of those into a monster?

Also have you got a build thread up for your MK1?

GasManLS7

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Yes mate, both sold and building an even wilder F4R for my 182. Aiming for 270bhp NA. I believe the F7 might have more potential though, there's at least one I know of in Europe that has 330bhp NA and the Laguna BTCC were around 300bhp. No build thread but they're both on Instagram siddle_engineering

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
Yes mate, both sold and building an even wilder F4R for my 182. Aiming for 270bhp NA. I believe the F7 might have more potential though, there's at least one I know of in Europe that has 330bhp NA and the Laguna BTCC were around 300bhp. No build thread but they're both on Instagram siddle_engineering
The problem with the BTCC engines is that yes they do make 300-320bhp but internally they're completely different to the normal F7R's and they only have a running lifespan of about 4 hours.

This is what the head on them looks like

sodemo head.jpg

sodemo lump.jpg

The Clio & Megane Maxi cars were 270-180bhp depending on altitude