ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Essex Newbie - Just bought a BG 182 FF

BG 182 FF
Before I go firing questions and comments across the forum, it felt correct to introduce myself, and more importantly my new car, which I've purchased with a friend as a joint toy/project. It's an 05/55 BG 182 FF with Recaros, dark grey Turinis and a Scorpion RS192 exhaust with decat. Currently at 68k miles.

We actually set off last Friday to buy a Racing Blue car in the same spec (but with a Milltek instead) and as our 1hr 30min train journey was literally about to begin, we had a call to say the car wasn't driveable. It appeared that the clutch had gone (after 71k miles on the original clutch, seemingly, it was only a matter of time) so we jumped off the train and watched it leave without us :(

So we're now at St Pancras station with a bag full of Clio tokens and remembered seeing a similarly specced/priced car appear on PH the night before. A quick call to the owner revealed that it was provisionally sold, but it was located closer to home (Brentwood, Essex) so we were keen to see it... It turns out Clio tokens talk, so we parted with a few more than planned but achieved our goal of getting a Clio home that night.

There are a few things to do, namely:

Fit a short shifter
Attend to stone chips and tiny dents
Full detail, incl headlight restoration
Considering induction options... Currently has K&N panel filter.
Snappy wheel is on order :hail:
Upgrade to Federal RSR's or R888's (currently on T1-R's, which we will sell as they have loads of life in them)
Sell original wheels, poss with the T1-R's
New RS mats
New RS or standard gearknob to replace current metal ball.

The car has a few niggles, the main one being what appears to be a chirping bird under the bonnet. I've had a quick look for this bird but it turns out to be a squeaky Aux belt... It's recently been replaced, so the supplying garage might be getting a call shortly... The other is the auto wipers make one sweep of the screen every time the car is started?? They're in the off setting and only wipe once, so this is an odd one...

Otherwise it's all in order and sounds great with the RS192 hanging out the back... Pics to follow soon...

Cheers,
​Adam

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
Before I go firing questions and comments across the forum, it felt correct to introduce myself, and more importantly my new car, which I've purchased with a friend as a joint toy/project. It's an 05/55 BG 182 FF with Recaros, dark grey Turinis and a Scorpion RS192 exhaust with decat. Currently at 68k miles.

We actually set off last Friday to buy a Racing Blue car in the same spec (but with a Milltek instead) and as our 1hr 30min train journey was literally about to begin, we had a call to say the car wasn't driveable. It appeared that the clutch had gone (after 71k miles on the original clutch, seemingly, it was only a matter of time) so we jumped off the train and watched it leave without us :(

So we're now at St Pancras station with a bag full of Clio tokens and remembered seeing a similarly specced/priced car appear on PH the night before. A quick call to the owner revealed that it was provisionally sold, but it was located closer to home (Brentwood, Essex) so we were keen to see it... It turns out Clio tokens talk, so we parted with a few more than planned but achieved our goal of getting a Clio home that night.

There are a few things to do, namely:

Fit a short shifter
Attend to stone chips and tiny dents
Full detail, incl headlight restoration
Considering induction options... Currently has K&N panel filter.
Snappy wheel is on order :hail:
Upgrade to Federal RSR's or R888's (currently on T1-R's, which we will sell as they have loads of life in them)
Sell original wheels, poss with the T1-R's
New RS mats
New RS or standard gearknob to replace current metal ball.

The car has a few niggles, the main one being what appears to be a chirping bird under the bonnet. I've had a quick look for this bird but it turns out to be a squeaky Aux belt... It's recently been replaced, so the supplying garage might be getting a call shortly... The other is the auto wipers make one sweep of the screen every time the car is started?? They're in the off setting and only wipe once, so this is an odd one...

Otherwise it's all in order and sounds great with the RS192 hanging out the back... Pics to follow soon...

Cheers,
​Adam

This chirrping noise does it only appear when you accelerate? and get worse when you drive on bumpy roads?