ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine light Flashing!!

Dyson
The Mrs was driving to work this morning and the engine light came on flashed for about 10 mins then went off??

Spoke to reno. Waste of f**king time.

The book says its an "Exhaust Gas Monitor Warning Light". Has any one else had this before??

Car is under warrenty but the c**k at renault said "i depends on what i needs"...... Depends on what f**king day of the week it is! Robbing b******s!!!!!

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
yeah i get a flashing light every so often, does it if i leave the car idling for a long time, had new coil leads and plugs under warrenty still does it every so often, car performs amazingly still so im putting it down to being french lol

RS Clio 200
i got that a while ago after i put valve cleaner in ..... turns out i had water in the sparkys

Dyson
Cheers people. It drives fine. I can't reallly be bothered to take it in to reno. Do you think i should!

M

mini-valver

Ive ahd it like 3 times, first it wa llambda sensor then the conectrs got al wet and most recently it started to run on 2 cyclinders so LOADS of unburnt fuel contaminated the cat hence the light. check and clean your plugs see if that helps.....

182cup & 172 racecar
Ive got mine back from Renault because of the same problem.The computer showed a misfire,had coil pack changed,no difference!!,so then had an injector changed,been fine since.Never noticed a missfire but heh under warrenty

I had a misfire and this light was flashing also, renault confirmed it was water contamination in the spark plugs, so all leads and plugs were changed and was fine after that, although it does tick over slightly lumpy which im pretty sure is a clio thing!!
I keep reading similar posts where people have had water contamination in there spark plugs, how does this keep happening??

Rob.

Milltek'd 182
i get this too. took it in to renault they checked my sensors and said they were fine...then decided to 'take it on a test drive to investigate the problem' and averaged about 9/10mpg.....they went for a rag basically!!