ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine cover back from the painters

Just returned from the painter with my engine cover. Says he'll never do another one the same, as he couldn't get the paint right due to all the curves. So I guess it's a one off. :cool: He's used a chrome spray and blue anodised accents. The light was not good when I took the photos so it doesn't capture the full bling and the contrast blue edging. Now the big question is what do I do to the top of plenum? Paint or polish or a mixture of both. Recommendations welcome!!! :argue:

Camera004-1.gif

Camera003-3.gif

Camera002-2.gif

Camera001-1.gif

Cheers all,
I think that more bling is probably the way to go. Looking at:

1. a Bailey's header tank

2. K-Tec strut Brace

3. Blue Samco top hoses

Posssibly closed induction kit although love the sound of the K&N 57i

Last edited:
looking good - just had my meganes cover painted but think I should have had something a bit more different as you have done - could you pm me details of the bodyyshop/painter?
Battery cover is looking good by the way! lol

looking good - just had my meganes cover painted but think I should have had something a bit more different as you have done - could you pm me details of the bodyyshop/painter?
Battery cover is looking good by the way! lol

Cheers Tim, been waiting a long time to put it on. The painter is a small one man backstreet guy who mainly paints bikes. He did this for me at mate's rates and as a favour as my son used to work for him.

As stated he doesn't want to do any more engine covers. I'll check with him if he means in special paint finishes or if he can do basic colours.