ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Emissions light come on -fault codes found, anything to worry about?

clio 182 FF
Hi guys,

I am new to the whole clio thing so excuse my ignorance! I was recently driving my 182 at a steady 70mph when the eml light came on, and just stayed on over the next 70 miles or so. The car was running fine with no weird symptoms but at work i got my car plugged in and found some error codes and had the light reset and it hasn't come on in the past 50 or so miles since.

The codes on the ecu were:

301 brake pedal sensor
278 destructive misfire
280 catalytic convertor & obd error
309 Cruise control pedal switcher

Basically is there anything to worry about if the light stays off and the car runs ok? how long does the car store errors for? ive only had the car a week so they may be earlier errors.....
One thing to note is that before it happened i had been driving in monsoon conditions had been through big puddles.

Thanks

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I had this and i changed plugs, Coil pack, HT leads & Lambda sensor and it cleared the lot.

Spoke to a tech at a renault dealer and he said it was common for the brake pedal sensor & Cruise control pedal switcher to be thrown up with a simple misfire.

This might be a lot of pi$$ but once i changed the above i have had no problems and my faults which are the exact same as yours never came back.

clio 182 FF
thanks guys, yeah the light hasn't come back on yet and the car is performing perfectly (for a frenchie) so just wanted to double check that there is nothing to be concerned about. The spark plugs are pretty new and the car has a sport cat which may have some effect. I will see what happens i guess!

Thanks

182cup & 172 racecar
Mine did this a couple of months ago after driving through really heavy rain, just got them cleared, nothing since.

All sorts of things get stored in the ECU, don't worry about it.