ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

eibach sportlines or k-tec coilovers for 182?

Clio 172 Cup Mondial
i dont post much on here but read on here quite alot! i need to put some pics up for my car soon too anyways...
I own a 182 ff and was wondering is its worth paying the extra 150 quid +£60 fitting (camber setup) to have k-tec coilovers rather then sportlines? my eyes have been on the sportlines as i ran pro-kit on my old dci 100 and it was great!

I do alot of street driving and am a very aggressive driver when it comes to cornering where and when its safe :D i love the grip my pilot exaltos give and just want more . i also do alot of crusing about with the gf and occasionally have a full car when me and the lads go for a day out or whatever...

is it worth the price tag for the bigger drop and will it affect handling much for compromise on ride quality

KIND REGARDS Rob

Mental 172 Cup
From personal experience any coilovers sub £600 won't get you a setup better then sportlines and standard/cup dampers..

The entry level coilovers are probably not going to make it handle any better, if not worse..

I would say its not worth the extra..

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
I'd go for sportlines with solid top mounts and fully polybush her with an ARB ull be sorted...Ive got sportline pros there fantastic but drop is very minimal but the cooksports have a very good rating and a good drop aswell

2005 Clio 182 cup
i was just about to ask this very question....been looking at both sets...what springs should i go for? im looking for overall handling for road/fast road and the odd track day etc plus i would like a descent drop for looks....and a Rear Arb kit worth adding to the package??

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Go for the sportlines dude i only went for the pros cos i wernt to fussed about the drop i looked hard into coilovers and there a lot off agg and money most of em start to bang after 6 months and need a refirb after a year.....f**k that its aggro

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Gotta be done man i gotta get mounts bushes and ARB my mates done his and it handles amazing

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
Im with martin on here ran sportlines and AST top mounts on my cup for two years and have just gone back to standard. Dont get me wrong solids give awesome feel esp on a lovely sweeping fast road or on track but for me on everyday use they started to do my head in.
I was shocked when transferring back to new standards i was expecting it to feel rather s**t but it feels ok!!!