ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Driving of other cars under 25 years old (I'm 21)

Chris.B

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GT TDi
Hi guys,

I am trying to find an insurer that will let me drive other cars third party, fire and theft if I'm fully comp.

I notice a lot of companies only offer this for 25+ year olds now.

Does anyone know of any companies that still offer this to under 25s?

I'm 21, 4 years driving experience and 4 NCB.

Thanks.

Chris.B

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GT TDi
JackleCube thought this maybe the case. I guess it stops someone getting insured cheaply then using a high power car etc.

Not the case. Flux gave it to me this year - I'm 23.

They also tried to flog me the ability to drive any other car (not family or leased) fully comp up to £10k with £500 excess. This was for £25 annually. I didn't bother though.

Flux acid I would be covered to drive other cars when i phoned two weeks ago, I'm 24.

when I phoned other places they said you have to be 25 - and flux are including it in the policies when if you look into it, you have to be 25 still, so not worth the paper it's written on

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Flux acid I would be covered to drive other cars when i phoned two weeks ago, I'm 24.

when I phoned other places they said you have to be 25 - and flux are including it in the policies when if you look into it, you have to be 25 still, so not worth the paper it's written on
Not very clear but are you saying that with Flux you have to be 25 still?

I expect it depends on the insurer as mine mentions nothing about age. Only that it can't be hpi / leased.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
As above, I'm with redstar at 23 and drive other cars third party.

I think you'll struggle at 21 though.

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

ClioSport Trader
  Renault 5
Hi guys,

I am trying to find an insurer that will let me drive other cars third party, fire and theft if I'm fully comp.

I notice a lot of companies only offer this for 25+ year olds now.

Does anyone know of any companies that still offer this to under 25s?

I'm 21, 4 years driving experience and 4 NCB.

Thanks.
Hi,
Please feel free to give us a try if you like. We still have some schemes that offer driving other cars (Third Party Only) for policy holders under 25. Obviously I couldn't guarantee we can offer a rate for your details but I'd be happy to check for you. Also you don't necessarily have to have Comprehensive cover to qualify for this benefit. It can be available on some Third Party Fire and Theft policies too.
Regards,
Dan.