ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jekyll's RB182 Progress Thread

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Looking great Mark.

That's a job I've got to do on mine at some point, just need to find some time which is quite limited at the moment.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
So for a while I've toyed with the idea of getting rid of the turinis and getting some 15's. Ideally I wanted a swap but nothing evolved so I put my turinis up for sale as @RyG offered me he's spare 182 wheels to bomb around in till I source my new wheels.

I wanted the normal 15's such as F1's, Pro Race 1.2's, 2118's (although these are more expensive as you would expect), etc but nothing was really out there. I did see a few for sale but they was either kerbed, too far for collection only or too expensive once i consider a refurb/new tyres. My turinis didn't take long to sell though and they are going this weekend to @Will16V.

Turinis removed and standard 182 wheels on

28161560253_8f846b794e_z.jpg

Took this at work because it looked cool

28744889636_23009fc1f6_z.jpg
Line-up by mark abbott, on Flickr

On the way home I hit this!

28161571603_69e59bc642_z.jpg

Naturally I stopped off and took a few pictures! Reppin' the standard wheels yo!

28161579743_81ec792d80_z.jpg

28776270415_43e40b10db_z.jpg

Turinis were cleaned and polished today...

28697834592_b739e94355_z.jpg

28518783760_6fc058b4e3_z.jpg

So after a thought of weighing up the cost of 2nd hand wheels and tyres, ive decide to buy new as i know they'll be straight and non marked. The wheel of choice are 2118's. I loved them on my old BG and they'll look ace on the RB.

I was deciding on whether to go with anthracite or white...

DSCF0376[1].jpg

DSCF0337[1].jpg

And i've gone with white. Although anthracite would be better from a practicality side, i can't help but think white looks so cool so sod it, RB with white 2118's it is! I also have a friend who know we have a mutual friend that gets a slight discount from Speedline and he actually knows my uncle quite well (small world) so he managed to get the wheels slightly cheaper and in a wider offset of et38 as opposed to the normal et43. Apparently this is quite rare and the normal stockists don't stock these. They are still 7" x 15". The wheels should be with me early next week.

This morning i ordered new 4x 195/50/15 yokohama AD08r's of CSOC for the sum of £240 delivered! I liked them on my old ph1 and at that price, its a no brainer.

Lasty, Ive just purchased a new set of Gaz coilovers. I've never got the hate with them and i like there kits. We use them at work and they are pretty good. I've got the full coilover set front and rear. These will be here next week too. Cant friggin' wait to put all these on!

Happy Jekyll :cool:

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
The 2118's wouldn't look right without being lower. The Gaz's were £500 delivered brand new. Can't knock that.

I've never really like my cooksports so once the coilovers are on, these will be for sale.

Of anybody is interested, please let me know.

rs 1an

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Love the white wheels Mark, when didi you change your seats they look good as well, :cool:

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
White on blue looks cool, good choice. Will look even better slammed on the gaz's.
I'm interested in the cooksports, let me know how much you're wanting.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Love the white wheels Mark, when didi you change your seats they look good as well, :cool:

I wish that was my car bud! That was a car just time show the difference on 2118s. I'm pretty sure that car had corsa vxr seats in it.

Glad you decided on the white wheels bud!

It's going to look awesome!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Kept looking at yours and the above pics. I've had anthracite before and white just looks so good. It's worth the extra time cleaning them. Plus I am thinking of adding the stripes at a later date.

White on blue looks cool, good choice. Will look even better slammed on the gaz's.
I'm interested in the cooksports, let me know how much you're wanting.

I'm not going crazy low, it'll probably be the same height as my old BG.

2016-08-06_06-45-03.jpg
2016-08-06_06-51-53.jpg
2016-08-06_06-44-52.jpg

As for the cooksports, I'm not sure what there worth. I had £100 in mind but will need to remove them first to clarify the condition.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
I'll be keeping an eye on this to see what you think of the gaz coilovers, and I've been eyeing up 2118's in anthracite.

Top job on this car!

Jeez, is that a genuine Zagato Aston Martin in the 'group' photo with the Volvo? :eek:penmouth: Stunning!!

Everyone is loving the standard wheels at the mo 😂:up: but joking aside, this is all just going to make an awesome car even better! I'd have gone with the Anthracite myself (getting really tempted with 2118's!!) but who cares about that, yours isn't an Arctic. This is going to look very cool!! Can't wait for the photos............

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I'll be keeping an eye on this to see what you think of the gaz coilovers, and I've been eyeing up 2118's in anthracite.

Top job on this car!

Once the kit comes I'll be wanting to fit it asap! I'll keep everybody updated on the ride, quality, etc, although as I said, we use Gaz at work and I've been in a few cars with Gaz's fitted and I've never had any complaints.

amazing colour and car. always admired your old bg 2. 2 much nice stuff on that...

Haha, all money pits bud! Although it's a hobby, so no different spending money on a set of expensive golf clubs if your into the sport, or alike.

That's my excuse anyway!

Jeez, is that a genuine Zagato Aston Martin in the 'group' photo with the Volvo? :eek:penmouth: Stunning!!

Everyone is loving the standard wheels at the mo 😂:up: but joking aside, this is all just going to make an awesome car even better! I'd have gone with the Anthracite myself (getting really tempted with 2118's!!) but who cares about that, yours isn't an Arctic. This is going to look very cool!! Can't wait for the photos............

Unfortunately not Steve. We make replicas at work of the DB4's and that's one of them.

I did think about anthracite but white kept temping me too much. I've seen a few RB'S with white wheels and they look wicked!

2118's are the king of wheels for 1*2's IMO.

Rest assured that pics WILL be taken once there all fitted!

Ahh cool, well that looks a very good replica!!! Imagine how much it would be worth if it WAS a real one 🙈

Good man, will look forward to seeing them.......... yeah the white will look the dogs dangly bits on your car, you'll just have to keep some cleaner and a cloth in the car to keep them clean :grimacing: lol i'm tempted with 2118's too but think being 15's, they'll need coilover low's like your getting to pull it off, not sure it would sit right on the cooksports. I might have to continue my oem look haha

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I'm now thinking of changing the colour on the brakes. I've done the rears silver but haven't touched the fronts yet. I'm thinking the silver won't look right now against the RB and white.

Thinking either black or anthracite now. Opinions?

RB Clio 182
Anthracite calipers mate, really dark but not black, black shows dust and s**t up really easily and look crap after a few weeks.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I do have some peugeot metallic grey and that is the way im swaying.

It'll be the same colour i do my inlets. However halfords do actually do anthracite caliper paint so i may look into this too.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Thanks buddy!

What's that, painting the brakes or fitting them?

@leeds2592

Painting the brakes mate, mine are looking a bit tired but never got round to doing them. Need to stop the bloody things squeeking everytime I brake first though!

New wheels are going to spot on.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I want studs at a later date anyway. Was thinking of getting the DRA spacers (use bolts supplied to fit to hubs, then use your existing wheel bolts to do wheels up) then loctighting the tuds into that, then it the wheels on. Pretty sure this is what @Tim. does.

My ones are ET38 I believe. Cup racer ones.

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
I have H&R spacers bought from Venom Motorsport I think. They're either 20 or 25mm and bolt directly to the hub.

The PMS studs are then secured to the spacers with Loctite.

Makes swapping wheels so much easier, and I have a real penchant for doing so. My favourite current set are ET43 anthracite 2118s but I'm currently on gold ET38.5 Turinis. It's a little too much with the spacers so they'll probably be up for sale shortly.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I'm holding out for front spacers at the mo until the wheels are fitted.

May do the same with the rears. Or I might try one side.

Do H&R sell 16mm DRA spacers? I'd like the bolt to hub type I think.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
If you want h&r spacers mark let me know. I get pretty good discount at ecp. So with postage too it may be cheaper for. Just a thought mate

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Few things have happened.

Got the car on the ramps as i wanted to adjust the handbrake as it was a little slack. After the adjustment, i used a plain nut to lock the cable

28611992960_0e07564f9b_z.jpg

28279250104_a98a67b1c8_z.jpg

Another thing i wanted to do was alter the heat shield as it rattled around 2k. Turned out it was near the manifold so a few twists and bends and it was all sorted!

Noticed this "special" center exhaust mount :down:

28792016132_cca3cba023_z.jpg

28896646925_f9244081f1_z.jpg

Will order a new one soon.

Next up was the brake ducts. This something ive wanted to do for a long time. I always loved Ollie's old cup with the mesh, but dont like the look of whats behind it and i like the look of the "Bass Ports" brakes but dont like the "tube" look, so i thought why not make the best of both!

Pics for comparison:

cup.jpg

fog.jpg

So i bought some bass ports (4"/100mm) and we had some mesh at work, which was gold so i sprayed it black.

28896666935_220d03167a_z.jpg

28279286354_5a0d9a24e5_z.jpg

We had a bit of fibreglass at work so i cut a couple of rings out then sprayed them black

28849536661_70c31697e5_z.jpg

28640269790_b2514b9ec4_z.jpg

I cut 2 oversized circles out of the mesh for the ports and then i drilled and riveted the mesh to the rings then, used a grinder to trim the mesh into the rings outer diameter.

28640265980_1daa3b8840_z.jpg

I then fed the mesh down the ports from the back until i was happy with were i wanted them which was the size of an aerosol paint lid from the front. One they was in position, i used some PU sealer for the back of the mesh to hold them in there permanent position and let them set to dry.

28307573494_09539b5a5b_z.jpg

Complete

28640273420_9a56fdf25b_z.jpg

28849537981_653319e5ca_z.jpg

28307583684_c1e75b1fa8_z.jpg

28820413212_f6a811efe3_z.jpg

28925724765_1d7b2faabf_z.jpg

To say im happy with them is an understatement. I friggin' love them!! I gave them a good few coats of black and lacquer throughout the day too. :cool:

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Wheels and tyres arrived so i promptly got them fitted together and balanced.

28279324914_46c5d2b0f9_z.jpg

28896708435_eb6d129a33_z.jpg

28279370234_d89d7f8747_z.jpg

28612095610_becdbce0e6_z.jpg

28896754395_e2b1cf0dc4_z.jpg

28820428632_f6cc558143_z.jpg

28925744115_386b398a21_z.jpg

We had some blue 3M tape at work so i put a strip round the inside of the wheels like i did on my old BG. Still unsure atm. I think its because its a tad wide. Will look into getting some 6mm stuff. I can always remove it if i dont like it, but it breaks it up a tad. Once there fitted its actually not that noticeable until your next to them.

28307604104_10bcafd6b8_z.jpg

28307604444_2b78d7f295_z.jpg

28894031956_dca7450fb1_z.jpg

I then set myself up for the wheel change and brake duct fitting.

28925776655_e3d19566e1_z.jpg

Clio 172 Cup, Eunos
Nice update Mark, I like the work with the brake ducting in the fog housing, very functional but looks great too :)
Can't wait to see the wheels on the car!

Titanium ph1 turbo
Came across your ph1 progress thread last night whilst searching ph1 stuff... was a really good read, then I got to the end and saw you dismantled it and sold all parts and had it crushed...

I was like "whaaaaaat?????"....

Also wished I'd spotted it 8 months ago as I would have bought bits off it for sure!