ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Jekyll's RB182 Progress Thread

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Mark, I have a nice Cup RB Spoiler on mine at the moment. I'm undecided yet if I'm keeping my car or selling it (will decide once my Golf arrives).

If you still have the T spoiler then, and I keep my car.. I'll be in touch! :p

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Mark, I have a nice Cup RB Spoiler on mine at the moment. I'm undecided yet if I'm keeping my car or selling it (will decide once my Golf arrives).

If you still have the T spoiler then, and I keep my car.. I'll be in touch! :tongueout:

If you decide to sell the spoiler Mark id be happy to buy it :smile:

Decided to keep the spoiler chaps.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Done a few things this week.

Decided to fit the decat. As you can see it has new lambda sensors. These were replaced with the last few months.

25943174283_297076e7cb_z.jpg

26480019211_accc938d1f_z.jpg

Even with it fitted, its a very quiet system. By far the quietest i've ever had.

Noise ingredients came so i planned to fit them.

25997303964_ac0c1134ba_z.jpg

As i started to remove parts, i found a few more things to do. First off was to remove the old "Fatty" induction kit.

26509434512_6077533bbb_z.jpg

25997137144_4e82b9f7f5_z.jpg

I removed the throttle body and gave it a clean.

26576464106_6d1c8aa2b0_z.jpg

26602557605_4469c9e08a_z.jpg

Cleaned

25997156994_73fa5b6bff_z.jpg

26576462846_c2b370c440_z.jpg

While that was off, i decided to remove the engine cover as i think they look better without them. Underneath was a little bit grubby so i decided to clean it up with a wire brush and scotch pads and give it a quick spray of silver.

25997146894_29831f3540_z.jpg

26602553885_4c16d5eeba_z.jpg

The fuel rail guard and inlet was done also. I do plan on doing these a bit better at a later date and possibly do the inlet a grey colour but for now i just wanted to tidy it up a bit. Will do the belt cover too at a later date.

26602552225_97ee91fd66_z.jpg

26602555735_0eeb855ae9_z.jpg

These also came from @Sesqui89 so i got them fitted. I meant to text you Jamie, but forgot but as you can see, they arrived :smile:

26273217780_0b37947a01_z.jpg

26509478712_6084103062_z.jpg

26576484236_d08d5acba0_z.jpg

25997183644_420558b080_z.jpg

26329330790_c405e040da_z.jpg

25997184754_ffff78e2b1_z.jpg

While the bumper was off i removed the acoustic valve.

26602581345_7fc023334d_z.jpg

25997168484_597a170406_z.jpg

I also shortened the air pipe and used a bolt to close it up.

26509709622_46d3afe8f9_z.jpg

Induction kit fitted.

26536942141_a8a5c98102_z.jpg

25997203804_243ef8419b_z.jpg

26602619275_9e7db8fc55_z.jpg

Breathe filter at the back of the inlet.

26509718602_25be86c952_z.jpg

Got some new mats so i hoovered the car and fitted them. I normally get the Renault Sport ones but people on here have been buying the dynamique ones as they are the same material and quality, but instead of having silver piping and the Renault Sport logo, it has a plan Clio logo. Nice and simple and also a fair bit cheaper. £60 for the sport ones and £25 for these ones.

26536951901_1817f3e427_z.jpg

26536953221_0df1ac5d19_z.jpg

With that all done a gave it a quick wipe over and took some quick pics.

26602623255_ab7d788288_z.jpg

26536956791_453b1c7ee5_z.jpg

26536959331_be801f5650_z.jpg

26536960851_e764978283_z.jpg

Going to remove the Heko wind deflectors too i think.

Last edited:
  2004 clio 182
That's such a lovely clio dude. That blues just gorjus,I wanted one in that colour but settled for black.

How much were those spray blank plates and were from?

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Nice work mate,im going to get round to spraying some parts on my engine to soon,gun metal grey kind of colour.

I ordered all the parts for the filter & the breather filter is the only thing that has come so far :(

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Proper nice

100% remove the wind deflectors they are gash and a smaller front plate and el perfecto

Those mats look ace!!!

Does it make you miss yours as yours was very nice. Low mileage too.

Will probably remove the hekos today. As for the plate, it does suit a smaller one, but I worry that I'll get pulled. Just my luck. Tbh I do have a smaller plate for it but it's a bit too small. Maybe at a later date, I'll get a size between the one I have in the shed and the one that's currently on.

That's such a lovely clio dude. That blues just gorjus,I wanted one in that colour but settled for black.

How much were those spray blank plates and were from?

Thank you Buddy. Not mint, but good for the age/mileage for sure.

As for the blanks, I bought them off here from the previous owner. You can buy them off eBay for just shy of £30, but they come unpainted.

Nice work mate,im going to get round to spraying some parts on my engine to soon,gun metal grey kind of colour.

I ordered all the parts for the filter & the breather filter is the only thing that has come so far 😧

I'm thinking grey of some sort for the upper inlet. Not sure yet though. Needs doing properly, but looks a lot better than before.

Typical. Tbh I was waiting on the silicone bends but the came in Friday so I manged to get it all done, otherwise I would of have to have waited till next weekend.

FYI I painted mine with halfords Peugeot metallic graphite grey. Turned out lovely.
Perfect shade.

May look into this.

Great update Mark! Yet another stunning Clio in the making, under your ownership!

Cheers Rob. As I said, it's not mint but tbh I'll probably never get exterior bits painted on it. I'm going to enjoy this one and not chase it to be mint. It's very clean as it is for 106k.

Told you I'd be in another Clio by CSF :)

Got any photos of that mate? @LiquidYellDan

Would like to see this also.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Yes @-D4N- I'll be there with my wench :smile:

We come off holiday on the saturday before and are driving up on the friday and staying in a hotel that night, so a nice short working week for us. We are camping saturday night too :)

Volvo S40
Only just seen the tag as I've had a nice day of building flat pack furniture! The washer blanks, induction and inlet mani are looking fantastic Mark. Was really sad to let this car go but I'm going to really enjoy keeping up to date with your progress on here, just from what I've seen already I'm sure you'll take it to the next level :smile:. First day of the new commute in the Volvo on Tuesday, I'll let you know how I get on!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Really nice mark. Does look better with the washer blanks. I'm after getting done but in black I think

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Another multi quote guys, sorry!

Only just seen the tag as I've had a nice day of building flat pack furniture! The washer blanks, induction and inlet mani are looking fantastic Mark. Was really sad to let this car go but I'm going to really enjoy keeping up to date with your progress on here, just from what I've seen already I'm sure you'll take it to the next level :smile:. First day of the new commute in the Volvo on Tuesday, I'll let you know how I get on!

Thank you Jamie. I'm very happy with the car, so thanks for selling me a good 'un :)

Hopefully the Volvo will do you proud on the mpg. Still OK for you now you've had it a bit?

Love this car mate, the engine bay looks 10x better already :smile:

Thanks Tom. As i said, it was only quickly done to tidy it up. I think at a later date I'll redo it but better and in a different colour. I want to remove the sound deadening under the bonnet and spray the underside on the unpainted parts too.

@Mr Blonde and jekyll. Here's the pics, not the best angle but I cba to dig through my laptop files [emoji23]
54497f196ae6ebfae45765790fda212a.jpg

374a22b49dce7b5ac1c2253730688ce6.jpg

Yeah I like that. I like how you've got it silver underneath too. Think I'm sold tbh.

Really nice mark. Does look better with the washer blanks. I'm after getting done but in black I think

Get them colour coded. It won't look poverty spec then ;)

Yeah I like that @LiquidYellDan nice work,was it just normal paint not high temp paint?

Don't get high temp paint. They always come out dull and tbh the normal stuff can withstand the heat on these.

Where did you get the blanks from @Dr Jekyll?

I got them from the previous owner but he got these ones:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-C...969665?hash=item3ac10d2e41:g:gqUAAOSwstxVJtxH

It's just normal paint. Be sure to prime it well! 3 primer coats, 2 or 3 colour and a few lacquer coats.
As it's just inlet manifold, only heat it gets is general heat in the engine bay. Did a track day and it got very hot in the bay and paint looked perfect still

@MrBlonde

i'll have to give it ago,any tips and what paint was it mate please? @LiquidYellDan

sorry I hijack your thread @Dr Jekyll

No worries mate. Group buy on paint? Lol

All halfords rattle cans. Paint was Peugeot metallic graphite grey [emoji106]

It's a great colour against the silver.

Don't get the VHT version of this. I've used it, after a few months it's turned a greenish colour and looks gash :down: I should of followed Dans advice and done it his way.

VHT paint has always had a crap finish. It goes too matte looking and never looks like the colour you buy!

Civic FN2 Track Car
Yes @-D4N- I'll be there with my wench :smile:

We come off holiday on the saturday before and are driving up on the friday and staying in a hotel that night, so a nice short working week for us. We are camping saturday night too :smile:

Good to hear, your not staying in the premier inn at Scunthorpe on the Friday are you?

Me and the misses will be driving up on the Friday and staying in the premier inn, we have track time in the afternoon then staying with some family on Saturday night

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Yes Dan we are actually. Not 100% sure if we've booked it yet, will need to double check with the organiser/wench.

We stayed there last year and it was decent.

Volvo S40
Thank you Jamie. I'm very happy with the car, so thanks for selling me a good 'un :smile:

Hopefully the Volvo will do you proud on the mpg. Still OK for you now you've had it a bit?

Yes it's all good still thanks Mark. Only achieving 51mpg at the moment but that must be the way I'm driving it. Still better economy than the clio and it's nice and comfortable on the commute so all is well. Heated seats are a Godsend! Have a new CD changer unit on the way from the US so will be able to swap over the internals when that arrives and hopefully solve the "Deck Error" issue. May even update your original S40 thread. One of the rear tyres appears to have a puncture as it's losing ~3psi a day but it's manageable and these things happen. Glad you are still enjoying the clio! :smile:

Thoroughly enjoyed your other thread so looking forward to this one as well. I am thinking of going down the same induction route. Could you let me know the exact measurements for the 90 degree elbows, joiner and the filter so I make sure I get the correct parts. Thanks

Nyall

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium Ph1 172
This thread really makes me want another RB 182.

Anyone wanna buy my Volvo?!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Mark how does the induction set up sound. I'm guessing you have had the fatty style one at some point?