ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Does the standard radio (2005 182) take mp3 cd's ?

3000GT & RB 182
Picked up my 182 yesterday and as my current double din head unit doesn't fit in here i am planning in replacin it, but for the moment it'll have to do.

If i burn a disc with mp3's, does it have to be in "cd format" with like 10 - 12 songs, or can these units read mp3 formats burned onto a cd?

3000GT & RB 182
I guess i could buy a little ipod and use that. Is there a write up on here somewhere on how to attach/install that aux cable ?

Post a photo of the stereo first so I can make sure it will work.

Don't know if there is or not tbh, easy enough though. Pull out stereo, unplug the cd changer plug if you have one from the back of the stereo and plug the new cable in, then just route it through the glovebox then into the cabin :)

3000GT & RB 182
It's the one like this : 895.jpg

3000GT & RB 182
I just thought of a flaw in my plan.

The idea was to plug that cable into my mp3 player and just leave that in the dash cubboard, but I just realised that runs of a batteries and would probably need to be switched on every time wouldn't it?

Or could they take their power of the unit?

3000GT & RB 182
Hmm that sounds like a lot of effort every time, i just want to get in, drive off and play the music i want, without having to plug in or charge various items that need to be hidden from view.

How bout if i was to get something like this : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-1-DIN...Technology&hash=item3f334a7ddb#ht_10432wt_916

Would i stay be able to use the little controls under the steering wheel ?

I'd like a unit i can play mp3's on via a USB stick whilst still being able to use the steering wheel controls.

3000GT & RB 182
I think i've made up my mind, i'm gonna stick with the original radio it's got, but i do want this thing to play music from usb and SD cards :

$_12.JPG

3000GT & RB 182
Im guessing the original controls can be used with this?

Yes i believe so. It says this in the add :

The Digital Music Changer allows you to play MP3 from USB memory / SD memory cards directly on your factory radio.The connection is made ​​through your CD changer input. Simply plug and play.
The Digital Music Changer is controlled by the buttons of your radio or steering wheel. The info is displayed on your car display, like CD02 TR12.

Direct connection on the radio in CD quality!
Using the buttons on your radio and / or steering wheel
Supported Flash Memory: SDHC, SD and MMC cards up to 8GB, Formatted as Fat / Fat32
AUX-In: any connected MP3 player or other audio source
MP3 / WMA Compatible

Operation:
Store 6 folders on your storage media ( some radios accept up to 99 folders ). You can store a maximum of 99 MP3 songs per folder.
With the disc + / - button, the respective folder CD01, CD02, etc. are selected. Exactly the same functions like the original CD changer.

However i've seen a few different ads of the same unit on ebay and not all quote compatiblity.

This one : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yatour-US...S_In_Car_Audio_Players_PP&hash=item417fbe3d77
says its for Clio's 1998 - 2004, but then it has a picture of the radio i have.

This one : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-C...2?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item5d48151d70 is for Clio's 2000 onwards

And some go on about vehicle's with "Quadlock connector", is that the later models, or is my 2005 model quadlock as well ?

3000GT & RB 182
Some of the adds say "This item is NOT compatible with stereos that have the 6 CD Player built into the stereo." so i've had to look at see what the back of my radio looks like :

IMAG1303.jpg

IMAG1309.jpg

IMAG1311.jpg

I take it this is not the one with the cd changer build in right ?

And what is the little yellow one for ?