ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Does Dialogys run on XP

Hi,

I am having problems running my copy of Dialogys on XP. It used to run fine on Win 2K, but since upgrading it wont start.

Does anyone know which version runs ok with XP as I am lost without it.

thanks,

/Mad

500bhp Scoob

yep should do, you need to install the Java Runtime, and Quicktime for Java (you have to go into customised install on Quicktime and tick the box for it).

I run it on my laptop with XP Pro on it

Skoda Fabia vRS

works fine on XP....its not XP.......it will be something else, as above, like quicktime etc

Its a pain to install tbh...

it will work you just have to play around a bit, and from memory, dont use the desktop shortcut it creates for you... go into program files and use the dialogies.bat file directly.

I have mine installed onto a DVD which i just bung in whenever i need to use it... means i can take in to any computer too :)

Thanks for your replies guys.

As I say, I used to have it working fine, but now it sticks at:

java.lang.NoClassDeffFoundError: quicktime/QTSession

So we know its quicktime related....! but java and classes are not my area of expertise so Im a little stuck.

Ah, working now after the famous Windows reboot.

Fubar. I am interested in the procedure for installing to DVD. Would you be able to knock up some instructions?

thanks for your help,

/Mad

instructions:

Install onto Hard Drive so its all working

Locate the C:/Program Files/Dialogies/Data folder

Copy the Data folder across to a DVD (1Gb file size)

Use the dialogies.bat file within the Data folder to run

If youre feeling clever, use an autorun.ini file to make it autostart
Then you can delete it from your Hard Drive and run it from the DVD every time.

Hope that helps, Dan.

Ive never had any probs on XP until i built my new machine...refuses to install completely. Anyone else got it running on XP3200/SATA or similar?

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

can anyone please, please send me a copy? I bought one off eBay but have never got it working, beleive the guy may have sent me two of the same CDs. ?

Quote: Originally posted by fUbAr on 14 September 2005
ive also put some of the common engine types on my DVD for reference which makes things easier.

Thanks for the instructions.

One thing I would like to do is prepopulate the intial screen with my cars details rather than having to enter them every time. Is this possible (havent had time to look for any config files yet? Also, would you mind sharing your Engine files?

Quote: Originally posted by u33db on 14 September 2005
Ive never had any probs on XP until i built my new machine...refuses to install completely. Anyone else got it running on XP3200/SATA or similar?

I used to get this problem, it would hang on say 15/30 and not go any further. This is on an XP sys as well. The only thing I have done this time that was different was make sure I completely uninstalled newer versions of Quicktime/Adobe & JRTE, as well as install everything to my C drive rather than a different partition.

Quote: Originally posted by Gaz2130 on 14 September 2005
can anyone please, please send me a copy? I bought one off eBay but have never got it working, beleive the guy may have sent me two of the same CDs. ?

Which CDs do you have and what was the error message? I have a 3 CD set. One is the education CD (includes installers for 3rd party software) and the other two look identical. Need to compare them properly when I have time.

/Mad
<one stressed Systems Manager who knocked both his production servers offline this morning and now needs to change his trousers, after I have laid down with a wet flannel in this nice dark room....>