ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dock for Tom-Tom?

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
Just a quick question really, how much is the 'Official' dock for the tom-tom app thats out??? and would a cheaper alternative suffice???

Civic Em1, Civic Eg4
Re: ***Dock for Tom-Tom??***

I wouldnt mind one of these tbh. would be good if there was one that could fit into the dish at the top of the clio's dash

Fiesta Zetec S TDCI
Re: ***Dock for Tom-Tom??***

Official one is listed at £100 on some e-tailers sites
It has some kind of GPS enhancer... which "explains" its high cost
The software is extra ontop of this :(

Fiesta Zetec S TDCI
^^ wtf! you can buy a 'proper' TomTom for the price of that cradle!

I know!

I'm not sure how apple does it (other than slapping its name and a stupid price tag on stuff) but it will sell - i guarantee that.

MOST iPhone users bought their phone purely cause everyone was buying one/fashion statement...

As such, an Apple AND TomTom dock is also a fashion statement, and it'll be bought.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I know!

I'm not sure how apple does it (other than slapping its name and a stupid price tag on stuff) but it will sell - i guarantee that.

MOST iPhone users bought their phone purely cause everyone was buying one/fashion statement...

As such, an Apple AND TomTom dock is also a fashion statement, and it'll be bought.

Eh? The TomTom dock is nothing to do with Apple, TomTom can select a price and charge whatever they want for it.

acording to tomtom it will also work for other satnav apps an on the ipod touch i expect id buy one if its not stupidly over priced :lolup:

3861215809_5b0a85a23c_o.png

What more do you need?! Bit of blutac does the job.

Audi S3 225
Ive seen a few on ebay for around £6 so prob get one of those. The tomtom app is awesome, only just worked out you can change the voice was stuck with the american woman for a few days!!

Rav4
Are you sure?

I certainly didn't and don't know anyone else that did,

Plus having tomtom on the iphone stops me carrying my massive 910!

I know!

Fiesta Zetec S TDCI
Sorry, it just pishes me off that apple can charge so much! (being someone who fell for the iphones multi-platform-ness & bought a 3gs only 2 weeks ago)

And even with a GPS enhancer or whatever in the dock, I still recon you're best off buying a TomTom One for £100 rather than buying the TomTom Dock & Software for £160 in total...

Tesla MP3 2021
IMO the dock will be a waste of £££. I used the Tom Tom app today going to Wembley and it was awesome. Never dropped the GPS signal once. I just bought a windscreen mount of Amazon for about £5.

No way do you need to pay £100, ridiculous!

IMO the dock will be a waste of £££. I used the Tom Tom app today going to Wembley and it was awesome. Never dropped the GPS signal once. I just bought a windscreen mount of Amazon for about £5.

No way do you need to pay £100, ridiculous!

and we have a winner ;)

http://www.tomtom.com/products/prod...twitter.com&utm_content=site-basic&Category=2

GBP 99.99 :lolup: well done tomtom 100 for the mount 60quid for uk app although rummours of it including the app http://www.engadget.com/2009/09/24/tomtom-iphone-car-kit-up-for-100-uk-pre-order-includes-navigat/

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nn0lJFHXMB4&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Nn0lJFHXMB4&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited: