ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Desperate help for car insurance

Bragging... More than once you've mentioned the words Clio sport or 172 and 19 in the same sentence, not to mention dissing your mates because they're not driving a 2.0 at 19

He goes on and on and on about it. Then cries when someone says he's stupid for paying such a high amount.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
And I doubt he makes 2K a month at 19yo. If he does, then its before TAX and in an area that has high rates etc...

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
And I doubt he makes 2K a month at 19yo. If he does, then its before TAX and in an area that has high rates etc...

34k is the higher tax bracket these days. only found out the other day because my mother pointed out to me im over that by a couple of k :(

Mk2 Ph2 1.2
Admiral multicar, Honestly the savings are amazing. Me (18, 0years ncb) with my car (02 plate 1.2 16v) 3rd party fire and theft is £1200. Just need more than one car... Obviously. So in my case my mum has her car i have mine and my sister has hers. She only pays £800 fully comp -_- Anyway, My mate was in the same position as you. Told him to ring admiral and he pays the same ammount as me! And yes we do get NCB!

Admiral multicar, Honestly the savings are amazing. Me (18, 0years ncb) with my car (02 plate 1.2 16v) 3rd party fire and theft is £1200. Just need more than one car... Obviously. So in my case my mum has her car i have mine and my sister has hers. She only pays £800 fully comp -_- Anyway, My mate was in the same position as you. Told him to ring admiral and he pays the same ammount as me! And yes we do get NCB!

If you go to admiral multi car do all parties included (mum , dad , me , sis for example) have to all cancel our policys at the same time and move over. it just seems alot of hassle to cancel half way through as i doubt very much all of my familys renewals are at the same time?

Admiral have been brilliant with me.

You just need to fiddle with things, but also keep it legal at the same time.

For example, don't put down that you are only going to drive 2,000 miles in a year when you know you will go over that.

Also, Fully Comp insurance seems to be on a par, if not cheaper than TPF&T these days, and if you crank up the excess, it gets even cheaper. Granted if you are unlucky enough to have a bump, then you may be in bother with a high excess.

As has been said also, get your mum/dad on the policy as named drivers.

It might be £2k this year, but it's the NCB that you need before it gets even remotely reasonable.

If you go to admiral multi car do all parties included (mum , dad , me , sis for example) have to all cancel our policys at the same time and move over. it just seems alot of hassle to cancel half way through as i doubt very much all of my familys renewals are at the same time?

When I called up about it, all they do is start the policy, and say your Dad's insurance still has 5 months to run, then they only start your policy and then in 5 months time, they start a 7 month policy for your dad, which then brings him to the same renewal date as yourself.

RS6 C7
You don't have to, Taken from their website : "
You can start a MultiCar policy with one car. Other cars can join the policy at a later date that suits you. Just tell us when you get a quote."

When I called up about it, all they do is start the policy, and say your Dad's insurance still has 5 months to run, then they only start your policy and then in 5 months time, they start a 7 month policy for your dad, which then brings him to the same renewal date as yourself.

Do they take into account a expected years ncb.

so im on 0 years ncb but half way through my first year, do they start my policy and charge me as me having 1 yncb or 0 until i get it?

Do they take into account a expected years ncb.

so im on 0 years ncb but half way through my first year, do they start my policy and charge me as me having 1 yncb or 0 until i get it?

They won't start your policy until you have finished your old one, then you will have 1 years NCB from your first years policy.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I'm sorry but lol @ £400 per month to insure a 172. Thats nearly as much as my yearly premium. Are you fcuking mental? Its hardly pennies, its 25% of your earnings - FOR INSURANCE! But hey its your money!

The most I've paid is £1300 a year to insure my Punto GT. Even then i thought i was being an idiot for spending that much.

I'm insured with Brentacre - by far the cheapest and customer service was pretty impressive too.

Mk2 Ph2 1.2
Nope, my mums renewal is a differant date to mine. And she can leave whenever she wants leaving me and my sister on the policy. But it was cheaper with her on. You get indipendant ncb from when you were added to the policy. And can leave the policy whenever you wish.

And if you switch half way through the year you loose however months ncb you had on your old policy (If its not with admiral).

I'm sorry but lol @ £400 per month to insure a 172. Thats nearly as much as my yearly premium. Are you fcuking mental? Its hardly pennies, its 25% of your earnings - FOR INSURANCE! But hey its your money!

The most I've paid is £1300 a year to insure my Punto GT. Even then i thought i was being an idiot for spending that much.

I'm insured with Brentacre - by far the cheapest and customer service was pretty impressive too.

Nuff said

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Yep its your money and that makes you extremely stupid spending it on insurance.

Mk2 Ph2 1.2
On they multicar from admiral do you have to live at the same adress?

Nope, My mums boyfriend is also on the policy and he lives about 20 miles away. Another thing, if your over 21 you can drive all cars on said policy 3rd party.

Nuff said

I'm not one for questioning people on their finances but £400 a month on car insurance?

I'm 20 with a 1.8 Astra Coupe and I pay 5 times less than that a month on insurance.

£400 a month is ridiculous just to drive a car. I could rent my own flat for that !

Nope, My mums boyfriend is also on the policy and he lives about 20 miles away. Another thing, if your over 21 you can drive all cars on said policy 3rd party.

That's something I didn't know. I'll be trying this next year when my policy renews then !

I'm not one for questioning people on their finances but £400 a month on car insurance?

I'm 20 with a 1.8 Astra Coupe and I pay 5 times less than that a month on insurance.

£400 a month is ridiculous just to drive a car. I could rent my own flat for that !

Renting is dead money.

Mk2 Ph2 1.2
That's something I didn't know. I'll be trying this next year when my policy renews then !

Meh, Its no good for me at the moment.. Im 19. But my sister is 21 soon so i will be hiding my keys, No chance ill let her take my car out, Iv been in a car with her once, Never again!

Imagine this.

Earn 2k a month
Rent 200
Car insurance 400
Got 1400 to spunk away on what I want.
Its a different story to pay 400 on insurance if you have kids,rent on a house ect ect.

1.5 Clio Dynamique
Imagine this.

Earn 2k a month
Rent 200
Car insurance 400
Got 1400 to spunk away on what I want.
Its a different story to pay 400 on insurance if you have kids,rent on a house ect ect.

1400 on gas electric council tax fuel food etc etc

This has gone far enough off topic, you are a fool for spending that amount of money on insurance, and you will realise it soon. End.

Yeah point is I still live at home that's why it isn't so stupid paying it.

I pay 200 a rent to parents. They deal with bills

When the time comes to move out with the gf or whatever then I will get a mortage instead of renting.

Piss away money when your young without responisbilites I say lol

Clio cup 172
Just to bring it back on topic iv just done a quick quote on multicar and iv put 1.8 astra Sri proton satria gti and a Clio
172 cup I'm 21 1 yrs no claims should be 3 but different story and my misus is 21 with 3 yrs no claims and the quote is 2300 which in my opinion is quite good considering I paid 2200 last yr for insurance on the clio so it is very good deal :clap:

Lol some people need to lighten up. I bet you there are some members of here who spend 400 a month on fags , drugs and booze. I don't care and I know what's more productive

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
Lol some people need to lighten up. I bet you there are some members of here who spend 400 a month on fags , drugs and booze. I don't care and I know what's more productive

Valid point is valid...

Im paying £2800 ATM, it was £2200 but I moved 2 miles down the road and it rose, wtf? I renew in January and I'm going to switch to admiral, got a quote for £1100 lol!