ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Declared mods

Breaking 172 NV676
Just renewed with Brentacre all mods as long as i dont go over 190 bhp are fine and replaced like for like in the case of an accident,

They are also cheaper on my diesel corsa than anywhere else although it has to be modified in some way

Clio Sport 172
I had a crash when i was 18 in my 206 quicksilver different wheels stainless filler cap and ger knob.... all non declared, my insurance company tried to contest them all i pleaded ignorance and said i had no idea they were not standard, it took 6 months for a pay out.... deffo declare the smallest of things i mean a filler cap and a gear knob. lesson learnt

Clio Sport 1.2 16V
Think it was £400+ on top of £2300 just to declare my tints and alloys, so can't be bothered declaring them for that price.. If I write them off I write them off.

clio mk1 RSI
if you go to go compare it gives you option to declare your mods for quotes than you can see how much it is on average

172DD Cup
Think it was £400+ on top of £2300 just to declare my tints and alloys, so can't be bothered declaring them for that price.. If I write them off I write them off.

that's alot of money for non-performance mods, but i think u might be misunderstanding something here. if you don't declare those mods and you have an accident, your insurance company will not pay out for ANYTHING, not just stuff you haven't declared. they'll look for any excuse not to pay, and you're giving them that excuse on a silver platter. an even bigger problem is that they may not pay out for any third party you damage, be it property or human, meaning you could be paying third party damages for the rest of your life!