ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cub's Flamer - Supercharged, Cage etc

Petrol Blue 182.
Re: 'Cub's Trackday Flamer - Cage etc'

Oi. I took pics too you buffon! where's my recognition? Tsk. p.s did the Vee make the cut?

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator

Sorry bud, your photo wasn't in :( (I appreciate your photos though) but..... the vee has the whole of the month of March and it looks absolutely spaffingly lovely! couzens - you heading over mine this wkd? :)

Petrol Blue 182.

I'm working the sat mate (I say that, I'm actually off sick atm) If people stay and it spills into sunday I may pop round.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator

I'm working the sat mate (I say that, I'm actually off sick atm) If people stay and it spills into sunday I may pop round.

No worries treacle. People are staying, and we'll probably head somewhere for a Brekkie so I'll get your number off Nick / Mike and give you a shout.

330i. E30 Touring.

Corona and BBQ Chicken day?

I reckon we'll have the old engine out by midday, so we can pop to Tesco and get some chicken for the BBQ. Want me to bring the oil drum to feed everyone?

182cup & 172 racecar

I'm working that eve/night, Cheffing for 260 peeps, sorry guys, I would have liked to come and rub some knees.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator

Another good weekend spent on the flamer :) Had a few people over to help get the engine out of the flamer, followed by the obligatory winter bbq and then beers and food in Caversham. Was great to catch up with lots of people, and I appreciate the help guys, so thanks @Budgie @Nick172Cup @Rob @Tim. @TimR26 @Fletcher @Christopher. @Luke @iOllieSM for a good weekend.

Photos (apologies for the poor quality Iphone ones):

A motley mixture of metal. Some good, one bad ;)

Stage29_zps999c437a.jpg

Making a start;

Stage11_zps2c85e2ed.jpg

Progress;

Stage22_zps6182510c.jpg

Stage23_zpsc812d9a1.jpg

Stage22_zps6182510c.jpg

The ginger being a ninja, and Van Her Bert attacking the suspension in the background;

Stage24_zpsfc04741a.jpg

Stage26_zpsf7b54c83.jpg

Plenty of people watching the wee man work up a sweat;

Stage25_zpsd38a09e5.jpg

Stage27_zpse2fb8724.jpg

1 hr 50 mins later (Good speed Burgess) and it was out avec Gearbox;

Stage210_zps0a022ae2.jpg

Stage211_zps8725a69a.jpg

The it was BBQ and beer time;

Stage28_zps68029089.jpg

And these last ones give you an indication of how the night ended ;)

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?711983-Things-I-Like&p=9997175&viewfull=1#post9997175

All in all, a great day with good progress made. Rob has sorted me out with a powdercoater for a few bits, and the box is off to Gripper for a refresh. I need to ask Mike Woodford to compression test the new engine, before it will go in early January hopefully :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Cool stuff, shame I couldnt make it but doesnt look like you were short of help :)

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator

Cool stuff, shame I couldnt make it but doesnt look like you were short of help :)

We'll have another one in January mate to put the new one in, so if you're about then it would be good to catch up. I'll let you know the date after Christmas!

Quick question on the mapping, I take it I just use the RS Tuner to overwrite the K-Tec "map"?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

Look at Fletch ffs!

I'd be scared to walk past him in the street. Incase he started shouting at me or stabbing at me with dirty needles.

Stage25_zpsd38a09e5.jpg

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

We'll have another one in January mate to put the new one in, so if you're about then it would be good to catch up. I'll let you know the date after Christmas!

Unless its a monday evening like it was for the cams then sadly im unlikely to be free and in the area.

Quick question on the mapping, I take it I just use the RS Tuner to overwrite the K-Tec "map"?[/QUOTE]

Yes mate you do, I have one you can borrow if you dont already have one.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator

Look at Fletch ffs!

I'd be scared to walk past him in the street. Incase he started shouting at me or stabbing at me with dirty needles.

f**king tears! I liked his beard, looked proper hardcore!

Unless its a monday evening like it was for the cams then sadly im unlikely to be free and in the area.

Quick question on the mapping, I take it I just use the RS Tuner to overwrite the K-Tec "map"?

Yes mate you do, I have one you can borrow if you dont already have one.[/QUOTE]

Cheers man, got one, just need to sort the map / licenses from Henk. :)

Wasn't there for long but was a good evening, sorry I sort of sneaked off everyone!

Thanks for having me Oli, il see you again soon for the tuner :)

Ollie

172 cup race

Just read all this and what a nice looking car will have to keep a look out for you as I see your in berkshire to. Good work dude looks really nice

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator

LOL @ Flecth! Looks like Rory McGrath!

Hero beard Fletcher

What's the plan with the engine mate? Just seen it's out :S

The dead engine is going to become my 'practice engine' for me to practice rebuilding / taking apart. Then it wil become a coffee table for the study lol! I've sold the 438's and I'm more than likely going to supercharge the new engine in the future :)

Wasn't there for long but was a good evening, sorry I sort of sneaked off everyone!

Thanks for having me Oli, il see you again soon for the tuner :)

Ollie

Good to see you mate, your flamer was looking well. I'll get the map / license off Henk and then we'll get the map on your car :)

Just read all this and what a nice looking car will have to keep a look out for you as I see your in berkshire to. Good work dude looks really nice

Cheers chap, appreciate it. Been a long road but it's a keeper and I'm trying to document as much as I can in here so I can remember what it owes me. :)

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator

Fletcher - No worries dude, you guys are more than welcome whenever. Can you let me know what your old man thinks of that brickwork please! :)

The beard is epic. Do not shave it until the summer!

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator

Charging!

Good plan and good choice.

SC > TC :cool:

Cheers Sam. To be honest, before I charge it I want a good summer of tracking first. Due to the engine failing last summer I didn't get to do as many tracks as I want. So a summer of running it standard, then I'll be a plum and throw more money at it to charge it :)

You booked on Bedford? Will be good to meet, that's the target date for finishing the flamer :)

Good stuff.

I'm planning to get out and do a lot more next year on track so I'll hopefully see you about.

Currently booked in for Bedford in Feb and I'm going to aim to also do Cadwell, Anglesey, Brands, Oulton and Mallory I think.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator

The same tracks I'm aiming for, plus Knockhill if i can get a summer trip to Scotland in :)

More than likely see you on a few tracks then!

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator

Sounds like your making good progress with this oli!

Cheers Mark, I really want the roll centre kit, but I really can't afford it yet due to buying new engine etc. :( It's on my list though ;)

You taking a ring trip next year? As I'm hoping to go but maybe short on chums to join me ;)

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator

Cheers Mark, I really want the roll centre kit, but I really can't afford it yet due to buying new engine etc. :( It's on my list though ;)

You taking a ring trip next year? As I'm hoping to go but maybe short on chums to join me ;)
There may be a possible solution to your requirements mate. Doubt anymore rc kits will be done though unless there's substantial interest.
I'll be definitely taking a ring trip next year mate, as long as my wife's not in the pudding club! Lol! We are hoping to move as well so 2014 could prove to be a busy year! If I go though the aim is an 8:15 or better. If that lap time doesn't show itself I'm weighing the car in for scrap! Flol! More than welcome to join me on a jaunt over there though if it's a go.

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1

Sorry couldn't make it. Just had one of those weeks.

Next time for sure or I'll have to invite you all round when I get my house sorted for a diy weekend

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator

@mark123 - cheers mate, you'll have to join us when the new engine goes in in January if you're free. I'll PM you when the date is sorted. :)

How is the racecar? You racing next year?

@Paul172sport - no worries, hope everything went ok. There will be phase 2 mid January. Just got to boot the wife out again :)