ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CS_dave 172 20v clio turbo

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Things have been quite with the turbo as I'm very happy with the way it's driving. So I've decided to make the engine bay look cleaner and frostbite up a little so I moved the battery into the wheel well in the boot. I used 4 guage live and earth with a 150amp fuse by the battery. I now have to tidy up some of the wiring loom and pipe work but it's bit by bit at the min as its COLD

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Can I modify the mount any where the battery used to sit to make it look better?
KINDLE_CAMERA_1420535594000.jpg

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Yes it is bloody rapid. It's not a easy car to drive but you get used to it I'm now liking the lack of power steering but will fit epas at some point

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Must be an absolute monster!

Oh your in Dudley.. any chance of a quick spin!

Yeh it's a handful at times. I'll happily take you out for a spin I couldn't let anyone drive it without cash in my hand lol. I'm mainly go to meets with RSUK as I have a fair bit to do with the west mids guys over there

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Well chuffed today found a passenger side arch linear that I needed from one of the cars I've stripped well chuffed so clean Archie and get it on weekend should be easy as cleaned after I got it

Before
10926247_1524579087815108_7888060694962100285_o.jpg
10849060_1524579234481760_3460170383140583238_o.jpg
after a good clean

10934130_1524579311148419_4762848142787145274_o.jpg

10854251_1524579274481756_5660779222322392985_o.jpg

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
I will just put this here a spec list

Colour is United grey from a mk5 golf gti

Brakes are hc brembo discs with brembo hp2000 pads with braided lines and abs removed with dot 5 fluid

Suspension and steering
Vmax front coilovers eibech rear springs with cup dampers. Trophy wish bones and ball joints nd power steering removed

Transmission
Golf 5 speed gearbox fitted with short shift using
a helix paddle clutch kit

Ecu is a Mega squirt 2 3.2.1. ECU Mapped by Teamcarr.net Andrew Carr

Engine spec.

1.8 20vt Audi engine BAM
SCAT rods with arp bolts
Elring head gasket
Audi s3 semi forged pistons 20mm pins
Light weight vr6 fly wheel
Acl bottom end bearings
Crank shaft lightly polished for 100% trueness but using std size bearings
Metal water pump
Gates timing belt kit
Agu big port head and inlet manifold
Cable agu throttle body
TD05 18G Turbo from a Subaru Impreza
630cc Siemens injectors
Pfr7b plugs
Running a clio 172 coil pack
Solid engine rear mount and vibre tec mounts
Custom inter cooler kit
Custom intake
3 port boost solenoid.

Rolling Road at veuzu came back as she's running 300bhp so can't complain

Battery moved to the boot for better balance and better airflow around engine

Will update list if it changes

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Awaiting sticker bombing and rat look. Boot panel ! ;-) looking good Dave !

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Well I've been thinking about bonnet catches today and how much pressure mine must be under when stretching her legs. I was thinking aero catches but a bit in your face for the turbo maybe? Seen these which I very much think fit the bill
omp-bon-pins-sli.jpg

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Not 100 per cent sure, but some places have issues with those style bonnet catches with the MOT. Same reason the merc / rolls Royce badges now need to be able to flex / bend if you run over a pedestrian.

Depends how friendly your MOT place is though... ;)

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Not 100 per cent sure, but some places have issues with those style bonnet catches with the MOT. Same reason the merc / rolls Royce badges now need to be able to flex / bend if you run over a pedestrian.

Depends how friendly your MOT place is though... :wink:
Oh right aero catches look a right pain to fit lol

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
They looked so annoying, I got someone else to fit mine!
I think I may end up going aero catches tbh the more I think of the pins the more I'm already growing off them lol. My concern is with running decent power the bonnets going to say hello at some point with 2 kids in there as its my daily 70mph bonnet comes up hmmmm not good

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Well I've seen a few clio turbos popping up at late and some putting up videos of there 0-60 Times. Well tonight I ad a crack lol good fun tbh trying to tame a little b**ch is great. I've found my biggest issue is launch first gear boost just spins the tyres

https://m.youtube.com/?gl=GB&hl=en-GB#/watch?v=Kb4z5SkCbWM

I take off at 11 seconds and hit 60 at 16 it can do better it's the driver letting it down pmsl

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Well I've treated tubs to a set of o.z super leggeras they are in need of a proper refurb but I've rubbed down and primerd. Because I've done a deal with my 172 alloys I'm sticking with a DIY refurb until I can put car off road for a few days and running like that for a bit. So I popped into sunset powder coating to swap my tyres and they gave me a set of spignit rings (win) top place some great work.

Here's how it's sits today
2015-03-14 13.48.59.jpg

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
I'll also be attending the RSUK rolling road day next week should be running see how she's gets on this year can't wait always a good day

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Well veziu decided they wanted to cancel the rolling road day so that didn't happen :-(.

I've finally got some colour on the superleggera I'm sure you will all love it. Very pleased with them tbh. I also got the old girl some megnecor ht leads and moved the battery back under the bonnet.

Looked threw the recipient throws up something strange it's running
Pfr7b spark plugs which come up as scooby plugs so I'll be swapping over to some plugs suitable for the BAM lump.

I also need to paint all the plastics for the shows

2015-03-21 14.21.25.jpg
2015-03-21 14.21.59.jpg
2015-03-21 14.23.11.jpg
2015-03-21 14.23.36.jpg
2015-03-21 14.23.46.jpg
2015-03-21 14.23.24.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
It was all goin well till I saw the pink wheels Dave !! Think Tom started a craze :smile: :wink:

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Well its been a while since i updated this thred i still own the vag clio.

Took it to santa pod rwyb day with another club car decided it wanted to develop a missfire on way there not letting that stop me tho. Had a craking day only managed 15sec 1/4 abit poor but all time lost in first 1/8 heavy foot then miss on boost but hey ho great day out
FB_IMG_1440104418561.jpg
FB_IMG_1440104430662.jpg

New coilpack on all good again.

Then i decided to start up selling detailing products mix business with pleasure so to say and RadWax was born.

Then it was time for fcs nothing changed on the car so cracked on with getting it clean
FB_IMG_1440104782911.jpg
FB_IMG_1440104776931.jpg
FB_IMG_1440104752451.jpg
FB_IMG_1440104762851.jpg

Cleaned polished n waxed with madcow detailing products i sell.

So took it to FCS was a craking weekend show was abit meh but enjoyed the company from rsuk guys. Car was once again faultless no issues and got lots of intrest over the weekend even met @Andyrg@ ClioTurbo for the first time. Photos went with my old phoneView attachment 134098
FB_IMG_1440104802436.jpg

So good times

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Still car staying the same next show was cars in the park what a show £5 to charity to enter loads of stuff there really good
FB_IMG_1440106554821.jpg
FB_IMG_1440106566319.jpg
FB_IMG_1440106577497.jpg

Then it was time for Trax

I decided my engine bay needed a bit of vava voom and being a big fan of sticker bomb i went about the bay. Also added a turbo blanket and 15meters of titainium exhaust wrap as the old stuff fell to bits

At trax
FB_IMG_1440106626251.jpg
FB_IMG_1440106613576.jpg
FB_IMG_1440106636633.jpg

Only but im not keen on it the bomb on top grille which will be painted. Trax was a much much better show than fcs fantasic day out.

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
20150815_092408.jpg
Bit of a proper update

Ive joined the 15" crew and got myself a set of oz superturismo alloys. Ive also bought a set of brembos and set about sourcing the parts to make them fit (what a game). After 25mm spacers and loads of caliper machining they are on and looking fantastic. I aways knew i would need a brake upgrade on it tbh and as the car aint cost me anything its the first proper treat.

Audi A3 V6, Cup 172
Brilliant car mate very jealous! I take it this isn't a simple engine conversion? Was looking to turbo my 172 cup but having previously owned a Ibiza Cupra and S3 there very tunable engines... And reliable.

Any advise?

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Brilliant car mate very jealous! I take it this isn't a simple engine conversion? Was looking to turbo my 172 cup but having previously owned a Ibiza Cupra and S3 there very tunable engines... And reliable.

Any advise?

Hi mate i didnt do the conversion but i know the car very very well yeh these engines are great for power once youve got forged rods anything i can help with i will mate no worries

Audi A3 V6, Cup 172
Hi dave,
Would you recommend anyone preferably in the south to carry out the conversion?
Seems like a bit more for your money than turbocharging my clio motor!

Cheers bud