ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cracked Macbook pro

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
Hi guys, the screen on my late 2013 Haswell pro retina has cracked, i know these are not cheap to fix however i go about it, but what would be the best option. I took the optional 3 year apple care, which i doubt will cover it. If i don't get it repaired with apple, will it void my apple care?

cheers
Dom

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Contents/home insurance job?

Normally, getting it done third party will void insurance but I'm not sure how it'd work with your house insurance. Speak to Apple.

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
Didn't think about the insurance, will give the parents a call tomorrow and look into it, sure the excess will be less than the repair cost. Jas anyone had one repaired? Any ideas on price and time schedule? I'll pop into apple when i get chance but it will probably be next week.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
You might be surprised with apple..
True. My sister dropped her iPhone 4S (as soon as they came out) and cracked her screen, she took it back in to ask about a repair and they replaced it free of charge with a new phone from their 'repair pool'.

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
So there is potential they may just fix it? I'ts frustrating, every Apple iphone, iPod etc is covered for upto 2 accidental damage claims on AppleCare, Mbp you get nothing

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
If it helps I got my iPhone 4S replaced home on insurance... only cost me £50, however it did take an age! Something like 6 weeks.

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
I went into the Apple Store today and they said £340, not quite as bad as I was expecting. Now I've just got to see if the excess is less, £50 would be ideal haha. Hopefully it won't be too long as I use it daily as I'm sure many do. Clio sport just isn't the same.

On another note, I asked about one of the little rubber feet that had fallen off, apparently again Apple care doesn't cover and they are £7 each. Apple are great but not cheap when they go wrong!