Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cost of replacing thrust bearing

Discussion in 'Engine, Gearbox, Exhausts & Running Gear' started by donsrno1, Nov 5, 2005.

1. donsrno1

donsrno1

Car:
    S2000
    I think that the thrust bearing might need replacing at some point on my car from what has been said on here and I was just wondering if anyone could tell me how much it would cost me at a garage to get a new thrust bearing.

I believe the clutch has to be taken off to do this and therefor there are high labour costs but I don't know how much the thrust bearing itself is.

How much would it cost in total to have a new thrust beaing put on at a garage?

This would be for a Mk1 1.4RT.

Thanks.

2. The Big Yin

The Big Yin

Car:
    A well built VW
    try looking on eurocarparts to get an idea of the price , if the clutch needs to come out why not see if that needs replacing may save you money in the long time

3. Rich1.2

Rich1.2

Car:
    Fabia vRS
    thrust bearing itself costs not a lot (bbtuning sell them) eurocarparts etc dont, afaik its a sump off job, well t is on a mk1 16v anyway

4. BRUN

BRUN

Car:
    Skoda Fabia vRS
    for what its worth id put a new clutch on whilst its off

5. donsrno1

donsrno1

Car:
    S2000
    So how much am I likely to be looking at in terms of labour?

6. BRUN

BRUN

Car:
    Skoda Fabia vRS
    i seem to recall getting one done on my RT and im sure i paid £100 all in, on a saturday !

i might be wrong, it might have been £100 labour, £50 clutch kit

7. BenR

BenR

you talking about a proper thrust bearing on the crank or the release bearing on the clutch?

8. AcID ZeR0

AcID ZeR0

Car:
    Oyster Card
    He's talking about the clutch bearing as I remember his previous posts, got the same problem as me. My past three clios have all made the same noise no problems yet from it though **Touch wood**

9. donsrno1

donsrno1

Car:
    S2000
    I don't know TBH mate - I'm guessing it's teh release bearing on the clutch?

Basically when I am changing gears I sometimes get a screeching sound and it's usually if I slightly rev the engine during the change. It was suggested in another thread or two that it would be the thrust bearing so I was just wondering how much that (whatever it is) would cost ot replace?