ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Connecting mac to 2 screens

Z4
This could be obvious, so don't shoot me down!

I'm currently running my mac mini on a 46' plasma and tbh it's too big for general use, but good for films.

I plan to buy this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001PN68I4/?tag=cliospnet01-21

I want to display the same image on both screens, what would be the best way of doing it? It's currently got a mini dvi-hdmi going to the plasma.
I would imagine I would need a splitter of some sort, but any help would be most useful, sorry if it's obvious!

Much love. C.

Storm Grey 200
You could plug one in via mini dvi and one in via mini display port? Does the mac mini support dual monitors? Otherwise its a case of a splitter i guess

SchwepTek™
Old ones need mini DVI, new ones use mini displayport.

EDIT: I was wrong.

Just need a splitter.

SchwepTek™
Ah yeh....

Extended desktop and video mirroring: Simultaneously supports up to 1920 by 1200 pixels on a DVI or VGA display; up to 2560 by 1600 pixels on a dual-link DVI display using Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter

So you need the mini DVI to DVI adaptor included in the box.

Then you can get a mini displayport to hdmi/dvi/vga for about £10 on ebay.

Z4
Ah yeh....

So you need the mini DVI to DVI adaptor included in the box.

Then you can get a mini displayport to hdmi/dvi/vga for about £10 on ebay.

I seeee.

I have the mini dvi to dvi adaptor, so I'll just need the mini displayport to hdmi!

Cheers for your help peoples :)