ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cold air feed on 182?

renault clio
Sorry for my 3rd post of the day!!!

Ive seen a blue 182 with a air intake pipe/hole in the front bumper grille witch I think is a nice touch. Does anybody know where/how I can get this done?

Ive noticed that some people take a fog light out but I do not want to do this. The one I saw had the intake cut in to the plastic grille.

Can someone please help?????

Cheers peeps.

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
Your best option is to run a new cold air feed from the filter, remove the Acoustic valve and sit it down by the fog lamp like the O/E set up.

Alternativly save your pennies and get the Maxogen kit, its the only kit that you will see a noticable increase in performance.

If you use the search facility you will find loads of info on them

they are basically an air box with uprated filter in it.

renault clio
last question. I know what you mean about the kit but does that include the plastic air feed that can fit in the bumper grille?

iv'e seen it on a car and really want to have it.

renault clio
Yeah but i like it for the look. lol. Do you know where i could get one. At the moment I have a powertec induction kit from KTec.

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
i have a CAF as you say conected to a BMC CDA (sim to a Maxogon).

run the pipe from the grill up behind the headlight and up into the e.bay then its connected to the filter. needed some of this http://www.venairsport.co.uk/index.php?cPath=49to do it as the tin foils type ducting rip to pices in five mins.

Attachments

• me 008.jpg
    me 008.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 92
  renault clio
Cheers for your help mate. Where did you buy the round bit that fit's in the grille. I want what you have got but not silver!!!

were nearly there.

p.s appreciate your help.

cup 182 mit stripes
Itg, in their infinite wisdom, make no mention of the need for cold air supply. It would have been easy for them to do so and charge another £50 for supplying it. lol

VRS
Itg, in their infinite wisdom, make no mention of the need for cold air supply. It would have been easy for them to do so and charge another £50 for supplying it. lol

in terms of connecting it up, i totally agree with you matey, the plan with mine was to keep the maxogen open at the end and try and get as much air as possible into the air space behind the headlight for the maxogen to 'suck on' lol

ive left the feed in which takes air from the wheel arch and added the front grill feed to try and maximize the air presence, i think it works ok as i checked that air was flowing up the feed when they put the fan for the rolling road in front of the motor :D

182 cup pack
I dont want to make a new post,therefore I'm asking here my question...

Whould it be better if I install bigger air feeds(at the renault air box) than the industrial ones ?