ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clutch pedal problem

clio williams, Ph1 172

Right this is sendin me f**kin mental now!!!

I had a new cable, pedal, clutch. anything else gonna go wrong? Yeah it has!

The cars fine until I drive it for a few miles, then the pedal seems to come up higher than normal so when i push it down it slips off the ratchet and it won;t engage the clutch. Therefore I can;t get gears. if i pump it its fine again and i can change gear fine as long as I don;t let the pedal come up all the way.

Anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

well that just made me look daft! lol

But if you pump it and it comes back then I would say pedal actually. How much sideways movement does the pedal have?

clio williams, Ph1 172

it doesnt seem to have any at all to be honest. feels pretty solid. IF it carries on Im gonna stick a block of wood down there so the pedal can;t come up all the way lol. thats what makes it slip off the ratchet

hmm sometimes a washer or 2 is missing.

Anyway you have checked to see that youi have the plastic block which acts as a peddle stop there havent you?

clio williams, Ph1 172

wheres the plastic block?

Its so hard to get to. really f**kin me off now. might just take the seat out to do it.

Where could a washer go?

theres washers on the clutch pedal pivot arm, if they are missing it can allow the bushes to slide out thus make the peddle go wonky.

If theres little wiggle in the peddle then you dont have a prob here.

The plastic block is fitted in a slot on the peddle box just below the pivot point.

clio williams, Ph1 172

Will have to have a look. I hate messin with it though. so awkward to do lol. If it would EVER sop rainin i would sort it

the plastic block its green and can be found on the plate in front of the clutch pedal, when you release the pedal it will rest on the block if the block is not there it will rest higher then the other two pedals by about 2", and be metal on metal not metal on the block if you get me

clio williams, Ph1 172

I know what u mean mate, found that.

I think i may have sorted it. the cable was touchin the manifold slightly and melted two grooves in it. Ive moved my heat sheald down slightly and fitted the cable behind that out of the way. will see if it sorts it now!

clio williams, Ph1 172

Sorted it!!! Just been for a good thrash for ages and no problems anymore. Thank fuk for that!!! French car show here I come lol.:D