ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio RS250ish

Interested to see pics of your dogbone, I have an idea in mine for mine, but its not using original dogbone

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

M135i, 197 turbo
Interested to see pics of your dogbone, I have an idea in mine for mine, but its not using original dogbone

I'll get some up over the weekend. Spent the afternoon doing the wiring and that's nearly finished. Got lights and a fuel gauge and everything :D

I'll get some up over the weekend. Spent the afternoon doing the wiring and that's nearly finished. Got lights and a fuel gauge and everything :D
Yeah get some pics of all your wiring aswell! Did you just use your own loom/ switches for all the lights, indicators?! Or did you wire them into the clio stalks?

M135i, 197 turbo
Slow progress at the moment. Spent quite a bit of time sorting the wiring. Front headlights are easy, just plug straight on the megane loom as same connector, rears had to play around with a spare battery to work out which wires corresponded to which on the clio loom I left attached to the lights and then spliced it onto the megane loom. Fuel pump and level 4 wires, 2 larger ones are the pump ground and eath other two go to the petrol gauge. Tidied engine bay wiring and connected wipers up - bit of trial and error required to get it right. Then onto switches - have 2 buttons for start / stop (well one is for the clutch switch the other is start / stop) so press both for engine start, also wired up hazards, washer jets, cabin heater and engine fan override to my switch panel and attached DRE shiftlight back to the top of the column.
IMG_0365.JPG

IMG_0366.JPG

M135i, 197 turbo
In terms of fitting the megane stalks you can fit this collar off the megane column after dremelling out the inside that the megane stalks mount up to
IMG_0359.JPG

Also finally got around to putting the driveshafts together. Got new inner boots from ECP, then found I didn't have any outer boots so ordered those last night but should have them together in a couple of days
IMG_0367.JPG

Hey mate two things:

- that ecu plug that your bridged have you got photos, i know someone else having the dash cluster illumination problem.

-while your at that stage, can you measure your driveshafts, I bought a pair already done just want to compare lengths... ;)

M135i, 197 turbo
Hey mate two things:

- that ecu plug that your bridged have you got photos, i know someone else having the dash cluster illumination problem.

-while your at that stage, can you measure your driveshafts, I bought a pair already done just want to compare lengths... :wink:

Plugs for the eps ecu, luckily I took this before I chopped it off. Bridge pins 4 &5 and 6&7
image.jpeg

Got the driveshafts assembled now, meant to measure, but forgot, in case I need anymore making

M135i, 197 turbo
hmm, 4 days till Oulton and work's gone mental, time running out....

Wiring all connected up, still need to chop loads out but that can come later. Brake and clutch lines in, system bled. Bleeding the clutch was a bit a head scratcher as it turns out you release a clip on the slave cylinder and then slide it back a bit to open the bleed nipple. Got an Eezibleed and made light work of bleeding everything. Need to nip up the connectors on the reservoir tonight as ones weeping a bit.

Picked up replacement suspension to front hub bolt as one was fubared so that can be changed. Then it's wheels back on and on the ground.

Exhaust is finished using a 2.75" to 2.5" adaptor off ebay and a small length of 2.5" pipe, need to get a proper one made but it'll do for now.

Hopefully get it out of the garage on Sunday as I'm working tomorrow, and get a log of a run as my choice of mapper won't send me a map until a log has been provided, otherwise I'll be running standard power on Wednesday

Also picked up a CliP off ebay, dodgy as you like but got it installed. Hoping I can tell the ECU that most of the ECU's are no longer present and get all the bloody warning lights turned off

Wheel alignment is booked for Monday which is another reason it needs to be moving by then and also getting a set of Toyo R1R fitted as road tyres / wets to go with my spare wheels and Advan A08Rs

I'll get some pics up over the weekend

Good work bud, not long left!

Where the driveshafts from bernie alright in the end? As the shafts I bought already made I cant find a outer clio cv joint that fits, well on the long side... the short side is fine.. its a bit of a bodge the outer 'shafts' are different #fuckingannoying!

M135i, 197 turbo
Good work bud, not long left!

Where the driveshafts from bernie alright in the end? As the shafts I bought already made I cant find a outer clio cv joint that fits, well on the long side... the short side is fine.. its a bit of a bodge the outer 'shafts' are different #fuckingannoying!

That's a right royal pain in the arse. The shafts are in on mine, like I said passenger side is okay but drivers side there's bugger all in/out movement so it's effectively fully compressed but the wheel turns fine and it looks to able to get enough negative camber so I'm hoping it'll be alright for Wedensday. After that I'm going to pull it out and get it shortened or get a new custom shaft made as there's a couple of places round here that do them if you know the length you need and number of splines.

M135i, 197 turbo
Good effort pal, sounds like my last track day, ended up taking last minute days off and finished 11pm the night before and left at 5am the next morning!
I've run out of time off for this year so hoping to be home by 3ish this afternoon then just going to stay on it until it's done.

M135i, 197 turbo
Just been out in it. Feck me it's fast.

So looks like it'll be going for alignment tomorrow and getting the R1Rs fitted. Going to get the garage to check the brakes over as well for my piece of mind.

Problems at this point - speedo doesn't work, only got 2 abs sensors connected, will connect the other two, if that doesn't work then bin the ABS ECU as that's all I've kept it for and either use GPS or get an aftermarket speedo. Also need a spacer for the wheel as the pedal boxed has moved where I need to position my seat and wheel's too much of a stretch now. Somehow managed to wire up the passenger side rear fog instead of the indicator. That's about it :D

Just been out in it. Feck me it's fast.

So looks like it'll be going for alignment tomorrow and getting the R1Rs fitted. Going to get the garage to check the brakes over as well for my piece of mind.

Problems at this point - speedo doesn't work, only got 2 abs sensors connected, will connect the other two, if that doesn't work then bin the ABS ECU as that's all I've kept it for and either use GPS or get an aftermarket speedo. Also need a spacer for the wheel as the pedal boxed has moved where I need to position my seat and wheel's too much of a stretch now. Somehow managed to wire up the passenger side rear fog instead of the indicator. That's about it :D

Epic!!! Yeah i think ill be running a gps speedo.

Hows the shifter position aswell? Did you mount it underneath or on top of tunnel?

God you've made me more excited to get mine running!

M135i, 197 turbo
Epic!!! Yeah i think ill be running a gps speedo.

Hows the shifter position aswell? Did you mount it underneath or on top of tunnel?

God you've made me more excited to get mine running!

Mounted underneath, cut the studs off and drilled holes, clips into place like its meant to be there. Positions good but you'll want a short shifter, makes it much better. Got myself a camera mount for my iPhone so will get some pics and videos up over the next few days once I've finished fetling it.

By the way, turbo noises are the best thing ever :smiley:

Mounted underneath, cut the studs off and drilled holes, clips into place like its meant to be there. Positions good but you'll want a short shifter, makes it much better. Got myself a camera mount for my iPhone so will get some pics and videos up over the next few days once I've finished fetling it.

By the way, turbo noises are the best thing ever :smiley:
Hahaha stop it! My gripper hasnt even come yet!

Ok will get a short shifter ordered!

Hmm want mine mounted above I reckon, gonna make a stand for it! Better position like a pms in a clio

Look forward to it bud

M135i, 197 turbo
Err.. Up against it. Currently still at the garage. Alignments been done and tyres fitted, one of the front callipers is binding so they're fixing that. So I'm leaving work in 20 minutes to go and get it as they haven't said it won't be ready.

Need to make a new lower engine mount tonight and some other finishing off. Hopefully proper update tomorrow assuming it doesn't breakdown or I bin it

Err.. Up against it. Currently still at the garage. Alignments been done and tyres fitted, one of the front callipers is binding so they're fixing that. So I'm leaving work in 20 minutes to go and get it as they haven't said it won't be ready.

Need to make a new lower engine mount tonight and some other finishing off. Hopefully proper update tomorrow assuming it doesn't breakdown or I bin it
Good luck! Im sure you wont need it! Pic of lower dogbone when completed something to compare mine to hahab

M135i, 197 turbo
Take a toolkit to Oulton :wink:

Not long now!

Just finished....backing it onto drive then found I couldn't get it out of gear. One of the sodding gear linkage cables had come off but not in the engine bay where I can get to them but inside the shifter so had to remove exhaust, remove shifter from tunnel, find secret screws, pull it apart, put it back together then get it all bolted back up.... God only knows why it came off, it's not a part I've touched but at least it happened tonight not in the morning.

Due to the above didn't get time to weld up a proper lower engine mount so have literally connected the engine to the subframe with some square section steel tube. No bushes. It going to vibrate like a b**ch.

Redid some wiring, anti fogged the windows and loaded up all my tools into my dads car.

Ready to go.

Good luck pal

Not to harsh on the gear changes, with a solid bar mount you don't want to be cracking anything. As for the linkage, things like that will happen with the huge changes that have been going on, not to mention its fitted to a completely different car etc.

Have fun ! :)

@Matt555 where are these secret screws? As i want to seperate the shifter to make sure Im not drilling the bias valve in to anything... err shifter like

M135i, 197 turbo
@Matt555 where are these secret screws? As i want to seperate the shifter to make sure Im not drilling the bias valve in to anything... err shifter like

Peel the foam back and there's 4 screws hidden under neath. Then need a flat blade screw driver to pry it open

M135i, 197 turbo
What a shite day 😧

Started well, got to Oulton without any issues, car behaved perfectly, temps all good, boosted well. Went out for sighting laps and everything good apart from engine temps hitting the bottom of the red even with the rad fan running permanently. Removed the front grill sections which sorted the overheating, and swapped onto cut slicks and went back out. First mistake hadn't checked pressures as they were a 2nd had set off Ebay and completely forgot they were cold so went straight off at Cascades. Went back into the pits lowered the pressures and went back out. Did a couple of laps at moderate speed being overtaken by everything, cranked it up a notch to 80% attack, rapidly caught a clio that had passed me half a lap back, full boost down the pit straight, wont rev past 5000, sounds ill, after cascades running very badly. Limped back to the pits, it's running on 3 and rattling. Also got a terrible oil leak that's appeared from god knows where.
Decided to limp it home. It's smoking progressively worse on the way back, sounds like a bag of spanners when reved.

On the plus side the pedal box and RC6 pads are brilliant, massive stopping power and really good modulation and feedback. A048 tyres also huge grip when you've remembered to warm them up.

Now off the garage to start pulling it to bits to see what's occurred. May use this as an opportunity to put an R26 gearbox in with LSD and stick an RS250 turbo on. Just not doing it at the same mad rush as before.

What's annoying is when it had ITB's we gave it death everywhere and it didn't miss a beat, but it's a gamble sticking an engine in when you don't know it runs well, only have anothers word for it.

Such an anti-climax mate :(

As you said, mad rush, this is bound to happen but its awesome it made it there and it drives etc.

Not liking the sound of smoke, rattling and bag of spanners sound though... Did you drive the Megane before this all happened? Or do you think it's more to do with it being rushed together etc?

Keep the faith !

M135i, 197 turbo
Such an anti-climax mate 😧

As you said, mad rush, this is bound to happen but its awesome it made it there and it drives etc.

Not liking the sound of smoke, rattling and bag of spanners sound though... Did you drive the Megane before this all happened? Or do you think it's more to do with it being rushed together etc?

Keep the faith !
The Megane I literally drove up and down our street after it was delivered then set about pulling it apart. I assume its just luck of the draw on buying a written off car, or indeed any second hand car. Just making a start pulling it apart again :weary:

Talking to a few people they were amazed it was there in the first place having only just been built.

Here's hoping you haven't killed it with a bad set up / fuel starvation or similar.

Find that oil leak as well.

I remember an old Megane that started to rattle / tick badly on start up, until you turned it off then started it again. Think they were using cheap oil.

M135i, 197 turbo
Shite compression across all cylinders, best is 75psi. No gunk in oil or coolant. Engines coming out now regardless

:confounded::confounded::confounded::confounded::confounded::confounded::confounded::confounded::confounded::confounded::confounded::confounded::confounded:

I know it's too late, but a compression check before would of been :up:

M135i, 197 turbo
I did. It was okay when I checked it before starting it after installing it. Good figures across all 4, but slightly lower on 1

M135i, 197 turbo
@Mash. heres my fancy lower engine mount whilst I'm pulling it apart. Works a treat and the vibration wasn't much worse than with polybush black series dogbone
image.jpeg