ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO IV RS - Trophy from page 111

Ged

PD130 Peach
Re: CLIO IV RS for 2013, Last news

not into flappy paddle :( ill give it a chance though see how it drives!

i wouldn't give it a chance, only time id want a dsg type is in some diesel boring vag to waft me around... Not in a high performance RS!

Clio k4j - Clio 200T

i hope not too....
for the video.. it's a shame i almost only hear squeaking tires over all :(

markerboy2002

East Of England - Norfolk
ClioSport Area Rep
  Liquid Yellow 182

One word, foul!

Wouldn't ever want one. And what's with 5 door only?! It's a clio!!!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Sounds promising but it's not for me. For me, the 200's a better proposition; NA with a manual box and awesome chassis.

There's no doubt the new car will be superb though.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member

i was hoping this car was going to have the benefits of the clio chassis with the torque character of the megane's engine but it looks like it could be a bit too watered down with the DSG box etc.

im trying to tell by watching the video but anyone recons thats running an LSD? he seems to be getting on the power pretty early and using the torque in the wet

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

I'm betting there's no LSD. Certainly not on the launch models.

Think 225 to R26.

this is the thing more performance cars are using dsg style boxes :(

tbh that video sold me on the rs i want one of them :eek:

CLIO 2 RS trackcar

tbh = to be honest ;)

AH Ok ^^

so , what I can say having read somebody before ?

Like you I said in the start :

- OMG a Clio RS with 5 doors , "Sacrilèges !!!" ...
But I saw the car precisly and more and more I think : Hum it is not so bad actually with its 5 shorts doors and even it is a class modern design

- OMG a Clio RS with a semi auto gearbox, "Sacrilèges !!!" ... ^^
But more I saw this semi-auto gearbox more I think : It will be a fun and great gearbox even if less than a manual gearbox BUT I'm sure, soon Renault Sport will propose a version of the Clio 4RS with a manual gearbox !

Thus mates DON'T WORRY !!! :p

Oh mates the Clio 4RS is not a "classic" car, it is a RENAULT SPORT-
ALPINE CAR and it will rest a RENAULT SPORT-ALPINE CAR !!!
And I'm sure that it will be a nice and not expensive great sport car and which will rest by far in the top and the Queen of its category !! :hail::cheers:

Last edited:

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250

It has been confirmed tonight by Renault the new Clio 4RS prototype WILL be at Goodwood this weekend as their surprise. Was confirmed as only being there on Friday and Saturday though.

CLIO 2 RS trackcar

It has been confirmed tonight by Renault the new Clio 4RS prototype WILL be at Goodwood this weekend as their surprise. Was confirmed as only being there on Friday and Saturday though.

So it is sure now !! :clap:

Lucky English mates, you will be the first public to see the new Clio 4RS IRL !!

Take more and more photos for me ^^

An orange one

It looks so narrow and boring.. I'll await the real pics this weekend

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5

To say track was wet looked promising.
RS don't really make a bad car.

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1

I wont really be in the position to buy one, so the new one really does not kick up a fuss for me. But from what I've heard so far is it's more practical, more economical and lower emissions.

Not really the approach I would have taken with a market leading hot Hatch with plenty of competition who put out the same car 3-4 years ago.

imo of course.

Sprint 172

As far as I can gather, the only time you'll see it is when it goes up the hill - locked away the rest of the time.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110

Sounds lovely, looks boring (unless they do put a wider arch)

Handling looks pretty good from the corner and exit speed?

I think it's going to be pretty pricey too because of the gearbox. IMO

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250

Yep. Was confirmed yesterday apparently.
Should have gone up the hill at 17:40 and again tomorrow at 17:20 and hidden away in between. Straight after its run tomorrow it'll be winging its way back to Europe for further testing. A bit of a coup for RUK to get their hands on it for FoS.

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250

No. It'll be the same test mule as pictured already I would imagine. Awaiting to see pics on autocar with their live blog.

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250

It's been up the hill and confirmed is still in camouflage. Keep a look out on the web and renaultsport.co.uk for pictures.

Clio 182

What does everyone think of the new 208 ?? When the gti is released it will be a serious alternative if theybgetbthe handling right

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

Love it, just hope its not DSG only as it'll ruin it for me. Drivers cars should be manual, nothing better than stirring the box down a good b road

Black mk3 clio

Should have gone up the hill at 17:40 and again tomorrow at 17:20 and hidden away in between. Straight after its run tomorrow it'll be winging its way back to Europe for further testing. A bit of a coup for RUK to get their hands on it for FoS.

Did indeed go up the hill yesterday with the supercars in the last run of yesterday, didn't realise what it was until it went past. Was still all camo'd up so can't really tell what it looks like, didn't see any handles sticking out for the rear doors so i guess they are hid away?
For the rest of the day it must have been hidden away as i went round everywhere and didn't see it.