ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO IV RS - Trophy from page 111

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Looks pretty good - still too chunky like its had too many pies though.

And stop/start is added? Whoopee-f**king-do. Good god - I HATE those systems - hopefully it could be deactivated? I get the rage with works cars that have it. If it saved me £1.5k per year in wasted fuel, I'd overlook the fact that I look like I can't drive and stall the b*****d all the time.

Nissan 350z
Sounds like they've released a "cup pack" to me.

Was thinking the same. I dont agree with these changes being bundled into a Trophy edition they sound like improvements that should have been rolled out to all models, whats the point of the Cup model now?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I thought renault were done making s**t special editions?

How long before the clio renaultsport 220 (sorry, the are esse 220) becomes standard and you can spec it to be identical to the 'trophy'

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
I thought renault were done making s**t special editions?

How long before the clio renaultsport 220 (sorry, the are esse 220) becomes standard and you can spec it to be identical to the 'trophy'

I don't believe this car is anything other than an updated 200T, The spec of the Trophy is what the original 200T should have had from the beginning IMO.

Also this Trophy isn't limited to a certain number of cars to be built and can be ordered in all the other colours which were available on the 200T bar Mercury from what I've read so in theory the original 200 EDC is now Redundant? Your not going to go into a dealership and buy the old spec car with slower gear changes etc

when this is released I presume the 200T will cease to be made in the current spec and the trophy will be the only car available

An orange one
Shite, half arsed ugly turd!

I make no secret that I actually HATE this car. The megane on the other hand, I love them, properly hardcore and as the years go by they keep getting better looking.

All IMO of course :)

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
I think the meg is a big enough car to pull off that huge front end. Sure it will grow on me but it just looks too much on a clio.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I don't believe this car is anything other than an updated 200T, The spec of the Trophy is what the original 200T should have had from the beginning IMO.

Also this Trophy isn't limited to a certain number of cars to be built and can be ordered in all the other colours which were available on the 200T bar Mercury from what I've read so in theory the original 200 EDC is now Redundant? Your not going to go into a dealership and buy the old spec car with slower gear changes etc

when this is released I presume the 200T will cease to be made in the current spec and the trophy will be the only car available

It's the 250 > 265 trophy > 265 all over again lol.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Terrible wheels again. Why can't they get some decent wheels on it?!

The masses love s**t wheels.
And white cars.
And black roofs.

We need to stop nitpicking and accept the new clio is dead to us.

Hopefully they don't butcher the Megane next. My money is on a 1.8T with full auto and only available with seven seats.

Clio200 EDC Lux
The wheels aren't new just the normal cups one's just with a machine finish, the better bloody do a free software update for the gearbox for existing RS4 owners like me (well hoping anyway LOL)

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
It's better but still not that inspiring.

Omg. I actually saw one on Saturday near Bedford Autodrome. Only taken what, 18 months?
Thought it was a Seat Leon at first lol. Was ok in yellow. Massive great big car though.
Hopefully the Trophy will be interesting.

I thought the same, didn't realise that was a 200T.

I also share your frustration Mark. So we're doing something about it and I'm working on implementing a Renaultsport network that means something for both the dealers and customers.

Martin's Renault near me has a 200T in stock. I went in to ask for a test drive, they said they'd call to arrange but I'm still waiting a few weeks on.

Audi A3 TDI 170 B.E.
It's better but still not that inspiring.

I thought the same, didn't realise that was a 200T.

Martin's Renault near me has a 200T in stock. I went in to ask for a test drive, they said they'd call to arrange but I'm still waiting a few weeks on.

I still awaiting my test drive from the basingstoke one!

Ended up going to Winchester in the end.

Great customer service! NOT

GTD, Lupo
Have Renault not learnt from previous Matt paint finishes they have applied to cars? Will be interesting to see how long these take before they need a respray.

Others than that I think it looks pretty good.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Sad that they've chased a market that aren't interested in renaults, leaving ford to clean up the new buyers that were interested. The revisions have addressed the major issue (gearbox) hopefully, but I still look at it and think I'd rather have the fiesta. Despite not enjoying the fiesta that much.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I think its ideal, infact they have catered for the majority of us who all ran 172/182/200's over the last 10yrs! I loved having something raw, uncompromised and a tool for going down a backroad like a hooligan, but now im grown up with a kid on the way and I want something that covers that backroad just as fast if not faster when I need it, but has 5 doors, refined, heated seats, sat nav, economical! its the car ive been looking for!

im also intrested by the fact the standard car was getting good results from mapping, with this new turbo they might be very capable with a bit of a tweek!!

Reactions: seb

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Good post Martin and very fair. As for Matthew's point it's true, the Clio 4 uses the same gearknob from a MK3 and a Dacia Duster, that alone is sackable imo.

Suzuki Jimny
There's nothing wrong with that, I enjoyed my couple of days in a Duster because it was just like a 4x4 clio!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
To be honest, it could have been amazing but not sure I could put up with that interior.
Has anyone sat in one? What's it like? Doesn't look great on pictures.

Its the dash that's appalling, just looks cheap & french. Which i guess it is i suppose lol.
Gloss black is a pain to keep clean as well, ends up with fingers prints everywhere!!
RenaultSport-Clio-200-Turbo-Review-Dashboard-carwitter.jpg

Compared to a Polo Gti:
04_polo_gti_cockpit.jpg

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I think its ideal, infact they have catered for the majority of us who all ran 172/182/200's over the last 10yrs! I loved having something raw, uncompromised and a tool for going down a backroad like a hooligan, but now im grown up with a kid on the way and I want something that covers that backroad just as fast if not faster when I need it, but has 5 doors, refined, heated seats, sat nav, economical! its the car ive been looking for!

im also intrested by the fact the standard car was getting good results from mapping, with this new turbo they might be very capable with a bit of a tweek!!
I don't agree that's the view that most prospective owners take. Yes they want more space, refinement, build etc etc. In short, they want a golf. And that's what they're buying.
The market for that sort of car is there. But it's a market that Renault can't get to. And given the finance deals available, owning a golf gti really isn't any more expensive.
They've abandoned the core market, which is thriving (hence there being fiesta's bloody everywhere!) and haven't got the conquest sales they wanted (which is probably why I can't remember the last 200t I've seen on the open road)
The poor sales prove (I think) that they've cocked up massively.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Its the dash that's appalling, just looks cheap & french. Which i guess it is i suppose lol.
Gloss black is a pain to keep clean as well, ends up with fingers prints everywhere!!
RenaultSport-Clio-200-Turbo-Review-Dashboard-carwitter.jpg

Compared to a Polo Gti:
04_polo_gti_cockpit.jpg
I sat in one at goodwood, straight after a fiesta st and the pug. Clio was (imo) comfortably the cheapest feeling, and the least special.

Quite like the Peugeot, it's weird having the dials above the wheel, but the small wheel and seats feel good.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
It's only the same route they went down with the Megane in my opinion.

Everyone will be spunking all over the R26 'esque next version

RB182cup&golf gti
When the 182 Trophy came out it got royally slated for being a run out model and only available in red and being based on the 182 cup. There was all sorts of speculation about what it could've/should've been. I can't wait for the press reviews of this one as from what I've read it sounds like it *could* be a seriously good car.....

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
the fact is worthy of the trophy name or not this new one will 100% be quicker down a back road than the original trophy! I can tell that even from driving our dci 90!

Swift Sport
I'm just glad Renault have tried to address the criticisms of the 200 as they could have easily done nothing at all. They've made someone like me show interest in a car I previously wasn't bothered about, until all the critics slate it and say it's still sh*te... Which hopefully won't happen!

Totally agree about the looks though... I'm not usually one to comment (I've had 3 Ignis's FFS) but yes those wheels and that paint scheme really don't do the car any favours!