ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

incy-spiders Clio 182 turbo

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
I'm being serious.. Not sure you are ;)

Where did you go ;)

Haha, went to watch Wolf of Wall Street, mate seriously I'll have a chat to a couple of engineering mates tmoro and see if they are up for a challenge, good guys to have on board for brackets, machining etc. At the mo I'm putting a seat Leon cupra lump into a mk2 golf, finishing off welding tmoro so have a bit on my place as well as mine but I'm keen!

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Managed to get 30mins at lunch to start pulling the engine out, got shafts out, radiator/ac condenser out, strut brace, ecu, heater matrix pipes, inlet and exhaust unbolted. Will do more tomorrow but progress has been made! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390241410.423275.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1390241418.233562.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1390241425.852095.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1390241432.350729.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1390241437.982690.jpg

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Some more progress, oil return is drilled and tapped, head off, 225 injectors in, waiting for head bolts and helix clutch as soon as I order. Heat shield on too...
gytebaje.jpg
a3ady9a8.jpg
esy4e3yb.jpg
egasa6yh.jpg
apezesep.jpg
u6ybesaj.jpg
rabu2equ.jpg

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers mate, decided to keep existing sound deadening in behind the heat shield for a bit more refinement people cut it off near the reservoir but I'd prefer to keep it!

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
I think you will appreciate the little things like that when it comes to the overall driving experience..

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Im sure the extra power will compensate for the few extra kilos.. What power are you aiming for? Im missing mine, even though I hardly drove it, it was nice to think I could if I wanted to..

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Should be fun mate, mine was near 300 and a real handful... IMO 230-240 is perfect..

PH1 loads of boost!
You've got the head off and sump off, helix clutch going in.... It's crying out for some 225 pistons! You'd be daft not to put some in at this stage, or go hard and go forged!

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
You've got the head off and sump off, helix clutch going in.... It's crying out for some 225 pistons! You'd be daft not to put some in at this stage, or go hard and go forged!

Exactly this! Your mad not to do it right first time, you will want more after a few months and regret not doing it.

172 cup turbo

Yup agreed. Wish I went fully forged to begin with. Will be making a trek to andyrg this year as Wilky predicted!

Last edited:

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
as above, if the engines in bits, for the sake of about 1k more, forge it, its future proof then.

I know for a fact, you WILL want more, even if you just do it then notch it back, to clip 400 or something would be a right giggle. then wind it back in to 280 odd for 'normal' use :)

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
I think the OP has no problem whipping the engine out so that's doesn't present the financial costs that others would incur.

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Ha don't tempt me guys, I have thought about this enough. A line has to be drawn when doing things like this, it could just go on and on else! an LSD would be the only thing I'd buy if I had this spare £1000 lying around but sadly my money tree died!! ;)

Ha don't tempt me guys, I have thought about this enough. A line has to be drawn when doing things like this, it could just go on and on else! an LSD would be the only thing I'd buy if I had this spare £1000 lying around but sadly my money tree died!! ;)

Forged pistons/ rods make a lot more sense if your taking the head off mate. I did the whole dropping the compression using a Megane gasket. Going forged now, wish I hadn't wasted the money/time doing the Megane gasket.

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
What was up with the gasket? I wasn't going to even bother pulling the head off to be fair as it's so low mileage but had the gasket as part of the kit, spoke to a few guys about it and they all said I may as well slip it on just for piece of mind and can be pushed a tad harder on the dyno,