ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 track car need help with brake kit

Clio sport 182
Hello new member here :)

I have a 2005 clio 182 that I am turning into a track car so far I have....

. removed seats and fitted race seats with harness
. removed all door cards
.removed headlining
.fitted quick shift gear linkage
. fitted race steering wheel
.fitted roll cage

I am now on to the brakes....I was thinking of putting some vented and grooved discs on with the blue pads for the track but i am struggling to find any calipers that are not a stupid price...

does anybody have any suggestions as to what is needed?Im a plumber not a mechanic so i have fitted most my self and then had a bit of help from my mates that are mechanics. any one have any suggestions about what is best for the brakes?

any help appreciated

Clio 172
TBH standard discs or Brembo HC discs with uprated pads and fluids is all you need for a track car.
I have standard discs with Carbon Lorraine pads and Motul RBF600 fluid. Not had any brake fade and spot on.

Clio sport 182
ah ok fair enough this is what I wasn't to sure about weather you could use standard callipers with uprated discs and pads

so the discs and pads will fit standard calipers? And just use higher fluid?

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
A lot of track and race cars run oe fit calipers and standard size discs with uprated pads , they are benefits of putting 4 pots on but see how you get on with some decent pads in the oe calipers first

I can get you sorted with various brake options depending on budget, and how track focused you're making the car including the Brembo 4pot conversion from the Clio 197 , various discs/pads, fluid, braided lines etc etc, get in touch if want any help mate

Clio sport 182
Ahh ok I didn't realise that. It's only a bit of fun I'm not really concearned about lap times etc.. I'm taking the car to the neuburgring in a few months aload of us went last year and I was in a evo 8 my mate had OE brakes and it was aload of s**t just kept overheating.

So the main aim is just to have a good trip and have some fun on the track without the brakes overhearing

I've had a read of that post fitted and I've ordered some air vents for the fog lights holes as he looks like he has a bit of experience and recommends them

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
some better pads in the Evo would have made a difference for sure

vents/ducting is a cheap and effective way of getting air to the front brakes, simple and effective