ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Xenon Headlight Bulb Change

Did a lot of research before attempting this on the passenger side headlight, some said remove the bumper, others said it could be done without. I'd suggest to anyone about to try this to remove the bar! With the electrical box right behind the lamp it's almost impossible unless you've done it a few times before. Removing the bar was very very easy, and there's a great guide on here too.

During my 1st attempt with the bar still on I managed to snap the piece of plastic between the internal lamp holder and the external hex key adjuster. Now the lamp assembly sits loose inside the headlight case, probably pointing in the wrong direction. Does anyone know if this can be accessed to repair, or is the whole light sealed with no way of opening it? Heat gun?

Also, changing the lamp didn't work, so now I will turn my attention to the ballast. Has anyone ever changed the lamp, the ballast, and still had no luck? Driver side and all other lights work fine.

​Cheers!

PH2 RS172
passenger side is do-able with the light in situ but the drivers side is an absolute no no without removing the front bumper. if youve broken the internal i would think new headlight assy which you will prob get a new bulb and ballast with if youre buying it off here. from what ive seen though the price of a new ballast is horrendous so i would be retro fitting aftermarket ebay jobbies if i couldnt source second hand

passenger side is do-able with the light in situ but the drivers side is an absolute no no without removing the front bumper. if youve broken the internal i would think new headlight assy which you will prob get a new bulb and ballast with if youre buying it off here. from what ive seen though the price of a new ballast is horrendous so i would be retro fitting aftermarket ebay jobbies if i couldnt source second hand

There's a great guide on here for fitting after market hid kits in 172 projectors. Search aftermarket hid kit and you'll find the thread :)