ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 - cruise control installation problem

clio b sport mk1
Hey,
I got a clio 172, mk2 - 2002.
I bought a 182 airbag and CC consol:

IMAG0117.jpg

and the buttons:

IMAG0131.jpg

IMAG0144.jpg

and a clio 200 steering wheel:

526640_3962750839226_889846626_n.jpg

I have insteld it all, and turned on the renault CUNCLIP.
when i tried to change the steting of the cruise program ( CF719 ) - it asked me for what display instruments i got, and gave me some options to change. I turned on the cruise option and the bazzer of the seat belt if i dont bucckel it (if it matters), and saved it all.
It showed me that is was saved, but the CC (and the seat belt buzzer) doesnt worked.
if i turend of the ignishion and reopend it - all changes was delited, and I was back to start.
the only thing that works is the indication from the CC buttens on the display instrument (green and yellow) - but it doesnt do nothing.

I dont have a good renault dealer in my country that could help me, so im askeing for your help.
what I'm doing wrong?
p.s sorry if i got a spelling mistakes.

best regards,
Eli.

Last edited:
  02 Iceberg 172
Also I didn't need to use a CLIP tool to turn the cc on - once you install the cruise switch, if your car can have cc retrofitted then SET comes up on the speedo and the small cc icon lights up on the dashe. Once you install the rest of the required bits (clock spring, steering wheel buttons, clutch switch) then cc should work automatically...

clio b sport mk1
I already installed all the rest.
small CC icons (green and yellow), and [SET ----] notification on the speedo already appeared.
but it just aint working - i'll try to find the cluch swich as you told me.
Is it a universal renault cluch swich or is it only for this car?

Thanks alot!

Eli.

02 Iceberg 172
Not sure if the clutch switch is specific to the Clio but the part number for it is 7700431512 and is grey in colour.

Look behind the clutch pedal, if it is there you will see it. If not there it is very easy to install - just clips into an existing bracket on the clutch pedal assembly and there is a connector already there which plugs into the clutch switch.

If you haven't seen it already the thread about cc install is here: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...S-172-or-a-dCi-(DIY)&highlight=cruise+control

clio b sport mk1
I bout the clutch switch.
I dont have this pink plug near or around the clutch area.
this is how my clutch area looks like:
378673_4023814285774_1103287073_n.jpg

311814_4023814605782_1983536542_n.jpg

In addition, i have found this plug:

480319_4023815085794_680745922_n.jpg

after a quick search on Ebay, I fount this loom:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350507348...sacat=0&_nkw=350507348011&_rdc=1#ht_500wt_923

I belive that this loom connects to this plug, and with the pink plug connects to the clutch switch, and with the other side it connects to the acceleration pedal.
Is this what I need, and will it fit?
Is there any ather way to make this work?

Eli.

02 Iceberg 172
Hmmm surprised that the pink connector was missing, afaik all the cars that have had the SET and CC dash icon appear have then had the connector already there.

That loom looks like it would fit, you could email the seller with your VIN to check if it does or not - but tbh the only way to know if it will work is to try it.

Good luck!