ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.5dci GT 2010

Clio III GT 1.5 DCI
New to the forum and want to make this brief so here it goes!

Got myself a clio gt 1.5dci january last year (2011) but only just got round to making it my own (was debating on getting a 1 series but want to act my age and modify my car!)

Anyways its a lovely car, nippy and looks good.

I started this thread as it is currently in the garage having some work done

Heres the car:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/79460741@N07/7113193991/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/79460741@N07/6967115846/

Its currently in the garage having the alloys blacked with red glitter mixed into the paint, red callipers, black mirrors with red glitter and the textured white side strips smoothed out and sprayed white to give it a more slick appeal.

I will upload pictures when I get the car back on friday

I have been having a think and some ideas have come about, let me know what you think anyways:

10mm spacers (bought)
lowered 35mm on FK springs (bought)
black roof
spraying the lower grill gloss white or gloss black?? not too sure yet
sub and speakers are being changed
new head unit (7" flip screen)
up where the digital display is currently, that is going to be removed and a custom fibre glass mould put there with a 7" touch screen ken wood satnav
all my interior plastics will then be wrapped in either carbon effect, matt black or gloss black (can't decide)
6000k or 8000k HIDs in the dipped beam and lower fogs

Future modifications:

Twingo 133 alloys (black)
Full new exhaust system
BMC air filter
New intercooler ??
FK Automotives Coilovers

Thats my plans which will take place over the next few months

Let me know what you think anyways! :)

Clio III GT 1.5 DCI
Also if anyone could tell me how to upload pictures onto here without having to click on links it would be much appreciated!

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
LOVE a white GT! I have a TCE myself. Plans do sound good, although I'd avoid a flip screen headunit (I think they look really cheap and tacky). Not sure how the Twingo alloys would look either but I guess you could give it a go?

Even more subtle bits and pieces make a big difference, stuff like silvervisions all round and taking the C L I O badge off the back.

And to put the pics right on here from Flickr, just go to Share and copy the code right on here, like so :)
7113193991_50f17d5e4f.jpg

193732_10150433763025542_618305541_17583166_3275532_o-1 by F1 RYC, on Flickr

Clio III GT 1.5 DCI
I wasn't sure about the flip screen myself (I have also thought they look abit tacky) but with another 7" screen moulded into the top of the dash I thought it would give it that bespoke look, I'm still just playing with ideas currently as this clio has a lot of potential.

The subtle bits definitely make a difference I couldnt agree more, what are silvervisions? and the clio badge is coming off next month when it goes in for the roof spray.

Im still struggling with the picture uploading haha! I'm new to the forum and an amateur is it this code you was talking about?

7113193991_50f17d5e4f_b.jpg

193732_10150433763025542_618305541_17583166_3275532_o-1 by F1 RYC, on Flickr

Last edited:
  BG 182
To get pics up on the thread rather than links, use photobucket and upload them to there then copy the IMG code from each photo you want on here and paste it into the thread.

When you paste it, the photo will come up as a load of numbers and letters but when you post the thread/reply, it will show as the picture.

That's the way I do it and it works ok for me mate

BG 182
Yeah the pic has come up fine mate, the code isnt important, its just what comes up when you paste the pic into a thread before you actually post it

Clio III GT 1.5 DCI
Finally another DCI GT, the twingo wheels look great on these, think Martin_172 had them his.

Any performance mods planned ?

Planning on a remap and full new exhaust, is there much more you can really do with a diesel? Im a petrol guy but need a diesel as I do a lot of miles for work

320d
Really nice car mate. Best engine for the GT I think. I like the GT's, to be fair from my brief experience with them they're a great all rounder not very sporty but a perfect small GT.

I currently just have a tuning box wasn't a cheap one like, thinking of a panel filter next, and maybe a decat at some point. I expect I have around 130 bhp as it wipes the floor with twingo 133's.

Apart from that I don't think there is much can be done, but they are a great car, I put 20mm spacers on the rear and lowered 35mm on eibach prolines and it handles brilliantly,

Last edited:
  Clio III GT 1.5 DCI
I have spaced all my wheels 10mm but I haven't got the car back yet so I'm not sure how its going to look, might need to be spaced out more.
I have some 35mm FK lowering springs which I'm planning on putting on.
I want to remap but struggling to find someone to do it, revo and bluefin both haven't brought anything out for this car, I can take it to revo and they will build me a custom map but they need my car for 2 days and it will cost around £800 so I'm not sure yet.

Just getting started with this car tbh, much more to come, just need to find the time

Clio GT 128
Alright bud have u got any pics of your car on the eibach's yet, caus I want to lower my gt but want to see what it looks like first?:) cheers

Clio III GT 1.5 DCI
Well got my car back from the garage now, been up in newcastle this weekend so heres a few shots I got before I went, not the best quality but its snowing so unable to give it a good wash

Clio III GT 1.5 DCI
Alright bud have u got any pics of your car on the eibach's yet, caus I want to lower my gt but want to see what it looks like first?:) cheers

This is how it sits at the front

8281569968_e2d0f35ff2.jpg

image_1355757679044368 by F1RYC, on Flickr

and at the back

8280515139_4f5cde245c.jpg

image_1355757654582277 by F1RYC, on Flickr

This has been lowered 35mm all round but the pictures here are when the springs were just put on, it sits more on the arches now the springs have compressed, I will get some pictures when the weather gets better

Arctic 182FF
I think that looks great now! Ride height looks perfect, I like the black bits you've done. Not a huge fan of the wheels, not sure why really. Get yourself some silvervisions as stated earlier (they're just chrome indicator bulbs to get rid of the orange) and it'll look perfect! Any more news on getting a re-map?

Clio III GT 1.5 DCI
I have been looking around for a while, trying to find a company that is respected and not to costly, I will be updating from time to time and will give all info, but not properly set my mind to it as of yet

Clio III GT 1.5 DCI
Looking at getting the car decatted, does anyone know a good place to be getting a decat pipe from? Also if I were to decat it would I need to change out the whole exhaust with it? I am looking into remaps atm but want the exhaust sounding right before I look into remaps, plus I have damaged my back box so its due replacement anyways!

Clio III GT 1.5 DCI
Cheap bodge, can't be doing things like that, plus as its a diesel will be kicking up sh*t everywhere, can't be having that when its a white car, want to decat and lose the centre box, but need the back box on there

Clio gt 2009/10
This is how it sits at the front

8281569968_e2d0f35ff2.jpg
image_1355757679044368
by F1RYC, on Flickr

and at the back

8280515139_4f5cde245c.jpg
image_1355757654582277
by F1RYC, on Flickr

This has been lowered 35mm all round but the pictures here are when the springs were just put on, it sits more on the arches now the springs have compressed, I will get some pictures when the weather gets better

Hello... Looking to lower my clio, I have petrol one tho bit don't think that will matter :/

These cars look so much better lowered!!

Was looking at 30mm eibach springs all round but the seller said I may only get 20mm out of this. Is this true?