ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 1.2 sport 2001 with 172 sport 2001 front bumper

clio sport 1.2 16v
hi i have a clio 1.2 sport 16v 2001 mk 2 phase 1 . is it possible to fit a 172 sport bumper on this to make it look more sportier? thanks olly

MK3 GTI golf 16v
probably, but you would probably need the front wings as well so it will get pricey

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Been done to death on here .. do a search :)

Wings and arch liners at a minimum to fit. Then your wheels will look completely hilariously lost as it's a good inch or so wider than the 1.2 ...

Good luck ;)

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
You will need;

Front bumper
Arch liners
Wings
Side skirts
25mm spacers

But the front bumper can be made to fit the non sport wings with a bit of work.

clio sport 1.2 16v
is it possible just to take my front bumper off and replace it with the 172 bumper? just a straight swap?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
is it possible just to take my front bumper off and replace it with the 172 bumper? just a straight swap?

not a straight swap. the sport bumper is wider which is why youll need the wings.

you may be able to make it fit with sanding the corners and filling any gaps... im not sure how this would work on the ph1 but ive done it to the ph2 bumper if you wanna check my thread for some ideas... andyrg is selling a ph1 sport front end... if youre interested, pm him

clio sport 1.2 16v
would it be a straight swap if i took the wings and bumper off and them put the 172 wings and bumper on? also i can get one for £45 devilered but i think andyrg will be alot more
not a straight swap. the sport bumper is wider which is why youll need the wings.

you may be able to make it fit with sanding the corners and filling any gaps... im not sure how this would work on the ph1 but ive done it to the ph2 bumper if you wanna check my thread for some ideas... andyrg is selling a ph1 sport front end... if youre interested, pm him

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
not the best pic for you but

can you see how the corners are wider and had to be filled and sanded back...

57d232c1.jpg

have a go of fitting it yourself :)

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
would it be a straight swap if i took the wings and bumper off and them put the 172 wings and bumper on? also i can get one for £45 devilered but i think andyrg will be alot more

yep, you can get a bumper for £45 delivered? or per wing?

i said andy because i know he's selling the full 172 'body kit' and i got a cup spoiler off him at a good price

clio sport 1.2 16v
no i can get the front bumper for £45 then il have to spray black but il try get the wings aswell so its basicesly a straight swap right? also the my car is the one b4 that clio with the different headlights do i still need the wings?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
it will be a straight swap if you get the wings too.
your arch liners wont fit the sport bumper and sport wings though.
i know yours is the one before mine, i was trying to show the work that goes into making it fit (not a lot lol).. yeah you do need the wings if you dont wanna force the bumper to fit

clio sport 1.2 16v
right ok il get some wings aswell . also what do you mean by the arch liners wont fit ? do i need to get them aswell for completely straight swap? also about the picture sorry just making sure we wasnt on about different shape cars and thanks :)

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
the arch liners bolt onto your arches and bumper and stop dust/mud/s**t getting into your car... they can be left off but its up to you whether you wanna get them or not. ive left the front bit of the arch liner out for the time being

where are you from?

clio sport 1.2 16v
ah ok mate so there isnt really a rush for them. and im from preston north west , what about yourself? how much would you say to pay for front bumper and wings? so i have an idea so i aint getting ripped off lol

clio sport 1.2 16v
Knuckles ,
i can get a silver 172 bumper with he said is modified for rally :S for £45
2 silver wings for £30 but in bad condition

then i have to spray them all black :/

do you think thats a good deal?

MK3 GTI golf 16v
if they need spraying then condition doesnt matter. no point buying good ones if there getting sprayed anyway

wings sound alright but god knows what hes on about with the bumper :S ask for more info ? bumper seems very cheap

clio sport 1.2 16v
what he has done is basic chopped the bottam ofthe bumper were the fog lights go , he said its for rally lol but this thread is out the window for me anyway because insurance wont cover me for it :(