ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

changing clio courtesy light mk2

Does anyone know how on earth you change the bulb in the courtesy light? i've got the unit out of the car but it seems to be sealed, any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

Na that's what i thought but i've tried every which way and it aint having none of it even damaged it by trying to shove a screwdriver in the side and wedgin the thing out.

Trophy No. 440
You have to lever the clear lense out of the grey plastic housing from the end of the lense not the side. If you look very carefully around the area where the lense hinges you will see a (very) small flat portion in the grey plastic surround at one end. You have to insert a small screwdriver there. It is not easy to spot and it is easy to damage the grey plastic. (I know from experience). It is much easier to do with the whole lot out of the car.

Good Luck ;)

Trophy No. 440
Have a butchers at the photo, the arrow shows where to insert screwdriver and be careful

Attachments

• PICT0001.JPG
    PICT0001.JPG
    10.5 KB · Views: 1,486
Last edited:
  Mégane RS
lol, if you push the lens to one side either the on or off side you can get it out using your fingers

Mégane RS
there is also another version with a map light in it and on that one i dont think it comes out at all

Ahh cheers buddy got it out but caused even more damage to it only to find out i've been sent the wrong bulbs.......what s the correct fittiment please cheers for all the help btw.

Trophy No. 440
All I know is that the bulb is 7 Watt and is double ended tubular (sometimes known as a "festoon" bulb) and is approx 36mm long (they come in different lengths apparently) ;)

Mégane RS
they can come in 3-4 lengths, i think standard is a 5W, you can put a 10W in but i warn you it can get hot