Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

changing clio courtesy light mk2

Discussion in 'Interior, ICE, Security, Lighting & Electrical' started by TheKing, Feb 14, 2006.

1. TheKing

TheKing

Does anyone know how on earth you change the bulb in the courtesy light? i've got the unit out of the car but it seems to be sealed, any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

2. Djw John

Djw John Scotland - South ClioSport Area Rep

Car:
    ^^,GT205 & Saaaaaab
    Does the lens not come away from the backing quite easily? Never done it but cant imagine it being tricky

3. TheKing

TheKing

Na that's what i thought but i've tried every which way and it aint having none of it even damaged it by trying to shove a screwdriver in the side and wedgin the thing out.

4. TrophyBoy

TrophyBoy

Car:
    Trophy No. 440
    You have to lever the clear lense out of the grey plastic housing from the end of the lense not the side. If you look very carefully around the area where the lense hinges you will see a (very) small flat portion in the grey plastic surround at one end. You have to insert a small screwdriver there. It is not easy to spot and it is easy to damage the grey plastic. (I know from experience). It is much easier to do with the whole lot out of the car.

Good Luck :wink:

5. TrophyBoy

TrophyBoy

Car:
    Trophy No. 440
    Have a butchers at the photo, the arrow shows where to insert screwdriver and be careful

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 15, 2006
  6. V1NNY

V1NNY

Car:
    Dynamique S 138
    lol, if you push the lens to one side either the on or off side you can get it out using your fingers

7. V1NNY

V1NNY

Car:
    Dynamique S 138
    there is also another version with a map light in it and on that one i dont think it comes out at all

8. TrophyBoy

TrophyBoy

Car:
    Trophy No. 440
    Ever tried that on a brand new one?

9. TheKing

TheKing

Ahh cheers buddy got it out but caused even more damage to it only to find out i've been sent the wrong bulbs.......what s the correct fittiment please cheers for all the help btw.

10. TrophyBoy

TrophyBoy

Car:
    Trophy No. 440
    All I know is that the bulb is 7 Watt and is double ended tubular (sometimes known as a "festoon" bulb) and is approx 36mm long (they come in different lengths apparently) :wink:

11. V1NNY

V1NNY

Car:
    Dynamique S 138
    they can come in 3-4 lengths, i think standard is a 5W, you can put a 10W in but i warn you it can get hot

12. TheKing

TheKing

Cheers fellas