ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Central locking not working

clio sport 172
i've got a 03 plate 172 and my central locking isn't working by the button on the key or if i use the door lock, every time i have to lock the car i have to do it manually! if i use the button inside the car it locks both doors and the boot tho! anyone any ideas what it could be????

cheers andy!

Clio RS ph1
I assume you've checked the battery.

I had the same problem with my car a while ago. Both keys din't work although the central locking worked fine using the inside button.

This is what I've done to solve it:

Sit in the car.
Press lock on the button on the inside and hold it. The car shoud lock and then unluck.
The flashing red light on your dash will burn permanent if done right.
Now aim your key at the receiver on the ceiling and press it.
The key will now reprograms itself and the central locking sould work fine again.

I hope this works for you. My central locking is working fine after this little trick.

F56 MINI Cooper S
same problem here mate, im having to press the lock button inside the car, get out and manually lock the drivers door once the passenger door is shut...

Mk3 Clio
Have a look inside the key and see if the solder for the button on the board is corroded or maybe needin soldered back on mate

clio

I had the same problem with my car a while ago. Both keys din't work although the central locking worked fine using the inside button.

Sit in the car.
Press lock on the button on the inside and hold it. The car shoud lock and then unluck.
The key will now reprograms itself and the central locking sould work fine again.

I hope this works for you. My central locking is working fine after this little trick.

Thank you soo much for this post, mine hasnt been working for over 12 months and this totally fixed it! Thank you :)

I tried, but the car won't unlock at the 1st step???

My problem is - the driver side door cannot locked by key remote. I got to lock it manually. But sometimes, I can unlock it by remote key??

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
My girlfriends car (182) won't lock or unlock by the keys at all. The only way to lock it is using the button on the dash and then by locking the passenger door.

Renault say its down to the UCH unit as this controls the central locking.
As its a sealed unit, this has to be replaced, but as the car is an import it doesn't have an alarm so, to bypass the problem, she is having an alarm fitted which will also lock the doors, as its the UCH unit that won't pick up a signal from the keys.

Renault Clio Sport 2004

Sit in the car.

Awesome. Thanks so much for this, worked a treat. Kinda curious that its not in the user manual.....Thought I had killed the clio!!! Now to sort out the starter motor :D

Clio 1.4 mtv 2000

Sit in the car.

It worked! Thanks man!

Renault clio 1.2

Sit in the car.