ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CarPlay

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Anyone interested in this? I've had the same headunit since 2002 lol, an upgrade is well deserved...

https://apple.com/uk/ios/carplay

I'll never be buying a brand new car but the aftermarket offerings from Alpine & Pioneer are looking pretty cool...

dsc01837.jpg

Personally I just hope they allow installation of Google Maps, as I can't stand Apple Maps.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I've been talking about this for years. Was a simple idea in principle but the voice activations don't always work on the phone.

Could be could. Funny they mention a lot of cars. They're trying to push everything so that you have to own an iPhone to do anything really.

Ibiza FR
I've got one of the Pioneer units installed in my car. Interface is really nice and a cheap way to gain integrated phone, text and sat nav.
Apple maps picks up on things mentioned in text messages and search history, so usually knows where you want to go without even telling it, which is strange.
Overall it can be a little bit buggy, but I am sure issues will be ironed out - it's still pretty new.

SQ5
Was looking at them for if we got a Megane, pity you can't do double DIN in a clio. Haven't seen a flip out version yet.

I just love the fact they're also about an inch deep with no CD player.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Android Auto ones have come out today too. I'm torn! I love Apple but Google Maps is much better for navigation... oh well as you say no double din so I'll have to wait until I get a new car anyway lol.