ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can't select gear - what's up?

172DD Cup
that sounds uber perfect, but i've already bought one for £150 delivered from ebay. i would have taken that off your hands too. 0 miles. just sounds awesome. if this one from ebay ends up knackered i'll give you a shout.

RS RIP
Are you guys serious that a Cup with a dead box sells at a 1000 pounds over there !?!

Jeeeez you all do'nt want to know what i paid for me Cup 5 years ago

172DD Cup
ull get a box on clio sprt fro #240 mate and 300 to fit there ripping your eyes out!!!! i have a brand new clutch for 45quid posted if you want it i had it as a spare for the track car but went paddle.

God i charged a lad 100quid to change his box on xmas eve!!!

can you clear your PM box :)

172DD Cup
just been speaking to agency transmissions, they said the likely problem is that the circlip has popped. if i get another box, am i gonna have the same problem months down the road?

330i. E30 Touring.
Budgie (mike) did my gearbox when it failed. Works spot on and we got the job done in a day (old box out and new box in). Top lad is Mike ;)

Mike - I'll pick that mount up off on you this evening or tomorrow if you want? I'll get it to Tony.

Oh, you. xxx

330i. E30 Touring.
just been speaking to agency transmissions, they said the likely problem is that the circlip has popped. if i get another box, am i gonna have the same problem months down the road?

There's a chance, as with every second hand part.

Buy Tony's 'box. Sell spare- job's a good'un!

172DD Cup
thanks to tony for meeting up with me at 6am sunday morning just off the m3 to trade gearbox for some rather crisp notes :)

and to andy for the rather well priced clutch :)

the garage have said they think the lower and upper gearbox mounts are ok. should i just get them replaced anyway while the box is out? i'm getting the manifold and subframe banging on high revs at the moment and while i think it's the engine mount, i also think it may be worth getting them all done. the dogbone mount is a new powerflex affair.

cheers, kris

182cup & 172 racecar
If you got them,you may as well change them.Bet we looked well dodgy at that time in the morning at the side of the road.

172DD Cup
car back on the road :)
rebuilt gearbox off tony - £250
clutch off andyrg - £45
clutch bearing - £20
new gearbox mounts - £20
labour & oil (inc some other bits) - £400
total - just under £750

i had the biggest grin in the half mile drive from picking it up to getting it home, didn't realised i'd missed driving her til i turned the key. lovely :D

182 trackday racer
Did you keep the old box?

Take it apart just for fun may be an easy fault, then you have an extra box.

172DD Cup
i prob would have in the summer, but don't have a garage to work in so not too fussed about sitting in the garden in this weather with a gearbox :)

i've noticed it's not as smooth going into 3rd and 4th, almost like you push it into gear and the lever moves to the right a bit, like the gearstick isn't aligned properly. it's not bad by any standards and i'll prob get a short shift in the near future, but wondered if it's a simple adjustment?

182cup & 172 racecar
That will be where it's bolted together underneath,can be adjusted but easer with two of you doing it.

You chucking the old box out?

172DD Cup
garage is gonna check the scrap bin to see if it's still there. apparently there's a hole in the casing where the diff caught it. still worth anything? :)

182 trackday racer
garage is gonna check the scrap bin to see if it's still there. apparently there's a hole in the casing where the diff caught it. still worth anything? :)

Well that depends, to the right buyer it may be. If most of the internals shafts etc are ok you may get a few bucks for it. If the crown wheel is ok its ideal for someone fitting a Quaife unit. Keep the box!

172DD Cup
Car won't start :(
It's been fine for about four journeys since picking it up.

I can hear the starter solenoid clicking, and it clicks repeatedly if i keep the key held on, but it's not turning the motor.
I initially thought it was the battery, but it won't jump start either. Couldn't try bump starting as only me to push it and it felt pretty heavy, dunno if i was on a slope or not, i've managed to bump start on my own before.

big question... could it be gearbox related?

182 FF (Black Gold)
How much did it cost for the garbox and fitting all in? Sorry for going a bit OT and may be posted earlier but I cant see the total.

Thanks.