ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can't even insure a 1.2 16v @ 26

Clio
ive owned a clio 1.2 16v dynamique since i was 19 and never had a problem insureing it,
in jan i moved to my new place (6 miles from birmingham city centre)

im married
garged 3 bed house way off a main road
4 years ncb
no claims for anything ever
26 years old
no points

I carnt find anyting under 1k bah !!!!!!!
no way im paying over 500 quid a year for cover on a 1.2

last year it was 600 quid which i paid when living in my flat. just wondereing where im going wrong ?? cuz i dont get it ? its not like im 19 anymore and i only paid 1k back then living on a ruff council estae with 9 points and 0 ncb with a brand new clio :mad:

Clio
Re: Carnt even insure a 1.2 16v @ 26

if i carnt find anyting under 500 quid im selling it . may as well use my bike (which is 5 times faster) and that only costs 250 quid a year lol

going for a good look over the net now

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS

I'm not convinced of that lists accuracy. My area is a band E according to that. Never in a million years is it that bad where I am.

clio 182

the guide is a joke! im in a group A and my cars have been broken into four times in the last 3 years.
maybe people just dont like me :(

LY R26, LY 182

Wow that is mad!?! I am also 26, married, no claims, 5 years NCB, according to that website insurance band D (hmm, quiet village where there is hardly any crime!) Insuring a 182 AND a Megane R26 for a little over £1k for BOTH! Both are fully comp, granted only insured for 6,000 miles each, with a £150 total excess with all optional extra's declared, oh and also insured for occasional business use!
That is with Admiral on a multi car policy. I recall at renewal in January the megane on a single car policy was about £700 - but that is still a group 17 in old money insurance groups, with a 2.0 Turbo!

Note my insurance with Admiral went up but £70 because I said I was married! WTF?!? Only paid a £25 increase after much arguing, but still! Try sticking someone from the armed services on if you can, my wife did a stint with the RAF buying/stock control for Tornado parts - that used to get us a hefty £300 discount on most of our policies, just for her being a named driver...

Hope you get it sorted mate... that is mad

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF

23, audi a4 s-line, fully comp £497

Birmingham has one of the highest insurance prices in the country

That postcode system is stupid I'm under the same postcode group as the city centre but i live nearly 15 miles away where crime hasn't even been invented yet.

Petrol Blue 182.

im in a B bracket, yet half a mile away my nans house in C bracket lol, and i consider my half of the town to be the roughest

182Cup, MinesGTR R35

I'm not convinced of that lists accuracy. My area is a band E according to that. Never in a million years is it that bad where I am.

I agree it is a stupid system but it is what it is...
It says were my mum and dads lives is a group F but its a realy posh area with huges houses and the cheepst quote I got was 6k, with it off the road in a big ass private drive locked in a garage...

Were I live in Harrogate with my gf wich is a group C, I insured it as on the road becouse we dont have a driveway and its on an estate were loads of cars get broken into and I pay next to nothing to insure it even with my DD40 on my licance... But no one round there will touch it coz i is gangsta... lolz

Its a joke...

Last edited:
  MR2 Mk1.5

It says were my mum and dads lives is a group F but its a realy posh area with huges houses and the cheepst quote I got was 6k, with it off the road in a big ass private drive locked in a garage...

Posh areas still suffer from car crime though, think premiership footballers having their houses broken into, car keys stolen etc

182Cup, MinesGTR R35

That's because keeping it in a garage costs more than an open drive. Logical you see :boring:

It made no diffrence to the price even with it just parked on my mum and dads private driveway they still wanted 6k cheepest... So I moved the hell out, Its also due to the Bradford post code as if you have an accident your 85% 90% likely to hit an uninsured driver... It was on the one show a while back...

It made no diffrence to the price even with it just parked on my mum and dads private driveway they still wanted 6k cheepest... So I moved the hell out, Its also due to the Bradford post code as if you have an accident your 85% 90% likely to hit an uninsured driver... It was on the one show a while back...

F*** that for a laugh!

Police round there need to fix up then

Stripped yozza'd cup

I'm in band a, winner!

That'll explain why I pay £790 at 21 with 0ncb, 3 years driving, no points or accidents.

Interested that my area is a group B. The way some insurers react you'd think it was a group F!

Not a 320d
Got my renewal in 2 months. I wonder if itll go up again like it did last year. Get an extra years NCD and get peanalised.....

MK2 PH2 1.2 16V
Rough council estate in Halesowen?

I hate my B63 postcode! Did a quote of one of my work colleagues in Lichfield and it went down by £400! Bullshit. Im moving again.